sick of yo-yo dieting, ready for losing for once

Options
:explode: I just want to start losing weight and get to my goal! any help???????

Replies

• Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have been a yo-yo dieter for years myself. This site is helping me stay focused. I am working on portion sizes and just eating better, along with exercise. Find an exercise you really enjoy doing. I like Zumba and walking the best. I am doing 1200 cals a day.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome. The community here is great. We will help and support you.

First things first. Don't think of it so much as a "diet", but rather as a change to your lifestyle. Take on the habits of a fit and healthy person and next thing you know, you'll be a fit and healthy person :smile:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi, you have come to the right place. Log everything you put in your mouth, surround yourself with lots of cheerleaders on here, try to do some type of exercise everyday if it's just walking for 15 mins, and drink lots and lots of water! You can do this!!!:) I joined just over a month ago and it works if you work it:)
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    slow and steady. take one day at a time. i too, am a recovering yo-yo dieter. get the "6 weeks to skinnier you" attitude and CHUCK IT OUT THE WINDOW!!! moderation. this takes time and dedication. you have to want this!! i am giving myself 9 months to get back to pre-baby weight. i just imagined i am "preggers", but instead of having a baby, i will have a healthier and skinnier me!!! :) good luck to you. patience will pay off! :)
  • SexyJaye
    SexyJaye Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is never easy. Like what taso said, see it as a lifestyle change and not just "lose weight".
    true like what kylakesgal said, lotsa cheerleaders are here, but ultimately it's still in your hand.
    If you keep doing what you have been doing all these while, chances are, you will get the same result.
    So change your lifestyle gradually, and you should see result soon.

Add me if you want.
    And good luck to all in this battle! =D
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yeah! What they all said!!!

You got support here!

Stick with it, it will work for you!

:flowerforyou: