Scrambled Eggs

Options
pat21532
pat21532 Posts: 34 Member
i am thinking of having scrambled eggs tommorrow for breakfast. i would like a new way of making it

Replies

• spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I usually throw in 1/2 tomato some onion mushrooms and 2 oz of lean ham - I mix 1 whole egg with 1 egg white to keep the fat down
  • andrewajm
    andrewajm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    its awsome if ya nuke it with a cheese slice...stir it after 1 minute so the cheese mixes in and dont add any margarine or butter...its sooo good i add onions and mushrooms and red peeppers...its low cals and tastes way better than if you add butter...
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to throw in some onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Occasionally I throw in some diced ham too. It's pretty filling for me.
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    I chop up a little red pepper, red onion and mushrooms. Spray the pan with Pam, add some garlic and saute garlic & veggies a few minutes, add 1 beaten egg and mix till cooked, top with shredded swiss. Add a little cilantro, hot sauce or salsa. Sometimes I eat just like that, or I'll put it in a wrap.

Delicious!!!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    top the eggs off with salsa
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i like em w spinach n ricotta
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Seconding the spinach, I added it to my omelet this morning and I'll be doing so again, I added some to dinner tonight too, big spinach kick right now, an entire cup is something like 10 calories so its decent!
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Chorizo and eggs are the bomb! I know...high in fat...but still fabulous!
  • jsjlandy
    jsjlandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Instead of adding water or milk to scrambled eggs, try plain yogurt or sour cream. It makes them a lot creamier and tastier!
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Mushrooms, spinach ,onion, cheese,peppers, topped with salsa
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Put the eggs in a multi grain wrap with some turkey bacon and some low fat shredd cheese.....Yum.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    big spinach kick right now, an entire cup is something like 10 calories so its decent!

bonus: it's spinach season, too! so maybe you're getting into a natural tune! :)
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I do alot of the above, but I also sometimes just mix in some garlic and/or Montreal Chicken seasoning to the eggs. Nice little flavor change without adding extra cals.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    big spinach kick right now, an entire cup is something like 10 calories so its decent!

bonus: it's spinach season, too! so maybe you're getting into a natural tune! :)

I can only hope for spinach season here, they're still calling for 4 inches of snow tomorrow, but it is just about time to start my seeds inside for the garden!