I think I'll pass

Options
I just had a very enlightening moment..I was talking to a friend of mine and she was telling me about the new banana pudding milk shake at Chic Fil A. She said it was very good. I immediately wanted one. Now, a few months ago I would have ran right over and got one, no doubt about it.
Tonight, I went on Chic Fil A's website and looked at the nutritional information. When I saw a SMALL had 780 calories, I immediately decided I didn't want one. It just automatically registered in my mind that I have worked to hard to lose this weight and no matter how good it would taste, it just was SO NOT WORTH IT!!
The old me would have gotten the large, which had 1010 calories...I think I finally get it now and that just brings tears of joy to my eyes!!

Replies

• jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    That is awesome ! Funny how now we look to see how many calories are in foods it is rather shocking.
  • sherri31
    sherri31 Posts: 80
    Options
    Thats awesome. It feels good to do that. Good job. :smile:
  • Greyhawkk
    Greyhawkk Posts: 34
    Options
    Nicely Done !!
  • superstah00
    superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My weakness has always been the shamrock shake at McD's..haven't had one yet...!! Like you said, NOT worth all of those calories!! Way to go!!!!:smile:
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thats really good. I wish I had this will power of yours. I find it really hard to resist temptation when someone encourages me :(
    I need to give up sweet stuff for life :'( Its ruining my diet GRRR
    Well done you though, can you teach me some tricks :blushing:
    xx
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Oh! Now I want a banana milkshake! JK! well done!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Good for you...I had the same realization for a Shamrock Shake. Not sure I really even like them but the old me would have had one just because! The new me knows that it is 500+ calories I would rather spend elsewhere!
  • kymlynn13
    kymlynn13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nice going! I had that problem with Steak and Shakes milkshakes. We just work too hard to just let a little ice cream ruin it!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great Job! As soon as I read banana pudding milkshake I immediately wanted one too. Sounds good, but you are right totally not worth it. I'll grab a non-fat banana pudding yogurt instead.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! That's when you KNOW that you are making a permanent change - for the better - in your life!!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Just out of curiosity what does a shamrock shake taste like?!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB! Ive done the same thing with going out to eat. I used to love to go out to eat to certain places but after reading how many calories some of my favorite foods have, I dont want to . I also dont want to give up how hard I have worked.
  • grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! It also makes me think how irresponsible fast food vendors are. That is just ridiculous to serve in the first place.
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same thing! I got a coupon in the mail, I googled the nutritional info and threw away the coupon! So not worth it!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Shamrock Shakes are minty.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    :flowerforyou: These are my favorite NSVs!!! Good for you, I bet that feels GREAT!
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    Good call!

I'm overwhelmed sometimes at how easily I would've just walked right over and bought one not even caring about the caloric count...even more so by how bad some of that stuff is. Like there's burgers and stuff out there now that could easily kill the entire day's quota for me. Sick.
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    @michelletyler, they're pretty damn good LOL. Not worth the count, mind you, but pret-ty damn good. :)
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Progress isn't just about the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!