Leslie Sansone walking DVD???

Options
DST513
DST513 Posts: 140 Member
Ok i had to cut down on the harder exercises for awhile as my back pain from a bad car accident may be coming back. I have been feeling pain in and out for 2 days now. SO my question is has anyone has weight loss success with leslie sansone walking dvd. If so how much have you lost and how often do you do it?

Replies

• KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I use Leslie's videos in with my routine of eating right and using several other exercises...I use the elliptical occasionally, zumba, the exercise bike, etc, but mainly Walk Away the Pounds....I've lost 46 lbs since Christmas Eve :)
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    yes I have the 3 fast mile and use it about 4 times a week and I love it
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I use Leslie's videos in with my routine of eating right and using several other exercises...I use the elliptical occasionally, zumba, the exercise bike, etc, but mainly Walk Away the Pounds....I've lost 46 lbs since Christmas Eve :)

WOW!! That's great.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    20ish lbs here and i use the 5 day slim down.
  • brmom92
    brmom92 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, I love them! I usually do the 1 mile walk once or twice a week, when I don't go to the gym or can't walk outside. They are "low impact", but get your heart rate up for a pretty decent cardio workout.
  • countrymom75
    countrymom75 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I ALSO HAVE BEEN USING HER VIDEO AND JUST GOT A NEW ONE. I INCORPORATE IT IN WITH OUTSIDE WALKING, GARNDENING, AEROBICS ECT.... AND COUNT CALORIES. I HAVE LOST 23 SINCE DEC. I HAVE NOT PUSHED MYSELF. I AM TAKING IT AT AN EASY PACE AS I HAVE ALSO HAD BACK PROBLEMS AND SOME EXERCISES BOTHER IT. PLUS BEING OVER WEIGHT I JUST FELT IT WAS BETTER TO DO SOMETHING I KNOW I COULD HANDLE BUT I DO PLAN ON GETTING SOMETHING MORE CHALLENGING IN THE FUTURE. I THINK YOU WILL BE PLEASED WITH THE VIDEOS IF YOUR PATIENT ENOUGHT TO WORK AT A NICE EVEN PACE.
    HOPE THAT HELPS!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options

46 lbs since Christmas Eve?? That's awesome!!!!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i liked the Walk Strong video. Man does it make me sweat!!!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

OMG, that is awesome! congrats!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of my success has been specifically from her, since I usually tried to get a mile in on top of another workout, BUT I love her!!!!! She has such a cute personality and she makes it so enjoyable! Good luck!
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I used the 5 day slim down and lost about 8lbs in a little over a month. I am currently doing the Biggest Loser walking dvd, which I think is a bit more challenging. I really like them both.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Walking is always good. So is biking. If you have access to an indoor pool, swimming can also be a nice exercise.
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    Thank you all :) I've been really surprised by my loss so far. I hope it keeps goin!
  • Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Best DVD out there for walking! It's fun and goes by fast!
  • DST513
    Options
    thank you all for the feedback. I didnt even know she had one past 3miles. I am going to order one now online. The funny thing is i just brought TurboFire about 2 1/2wks now and about a week into it the pain started coming back. So im going to wait it out for a few weeks and try again. If it continues I will return turboFire back for my cash lol.
    Congrats on the weight loss everyone its amazing.
  • aml31
    aml31 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have used it before I got pregnant the last time and I lost about 45 lbs w/ it.
    however, I stopped doing it, got pregnant andgained it all back which is why Im on here today, but I'm doing it again hoping for great results again.
  • DST513
    Options
    oh wow thats great, which dvd where you using. Good luck on your weight loss journey again!!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I started with her Walk Away the Pounds series (1, 2, and 3 miles with weights). At first, the one mile about did me in, and it was weeks before I added the weights (she has walkers who don't use the weights, so you don't feel like a loser!), then worked up to the two mile and three mile. I find her motivating and encouraging. She offers modified movement options and continually reminds you to make it work for you.

In the Free Zone on my cable TV, she has another set of walks (1 and 2 mile) she made for the American Hearth Association. They use the same moves as her other walks, so if you have access, it's a great way to try her style before buying.

There are about 30 different titles, varying from 1 to 5 miles, some with weights, some without; some with bands/some without; etc. I have about 10 different titles and mix up the walks so I don't get bored and vary the miles based on time available.

Combined with much healthier eating and using MFP to track calories, I've had success (70 lbs in seven months, slow but steady).

Good luck!

P.S. Another member started a walk group for those using Sansone videos -- SWAT (for Sansone Walk Away the Pounds). We set monthly mile goals and log in to note progress and to provide support for others. Not sure how to link the thread, but search for SWAT.
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I used the Leslie Sansone Start Walking workouts on ExerciseTV (Free on Demand with FiOS) exclusively for the first 100 pounds I lost. I started with the 1 mile which was more than I could handle, but stuck with it and made quick progress. After I got down close to 200 lbs, I started adding other exercise (joined a club and do spinning and elliptical) but I still do Leslie!! I just try to bump them up a little by jogging instead of walking and keeping my arms moving over my head to keep my heart rate high. I feel like I owe my success to her - without that easy start, I never would have stuck with it.
  • josborn1012
    Options
    This is primarily what I have been using. GREAT FOR BACKS! I just had back surgery in mid January and I have been terrified to over do it but I started this week and I do the 1 & 2 mile express dvd almost everyday (had a day off yesterday). I started Monday and I have lost six pounds already. I tried another one of hers on OnDemand & loved it also. She does a bunch of the same things but mixes it up so it's not boring...even if you do more than one video. I plan to buy more nigeria from her once I'm ready to progress again.