workout dvds

Options
i do alot of workout dvds because i live in an apartment complex and i just am not very comfortable running where everyone can see. The database doesnt have the option of putting in the workout dvd and for how long, so how do i put it in under exercise?? any thoughts?

Replies

• leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm doing power 90 and I log the cardio days as general aerobics and the strength training days as either strength training or circuit training..

Edited to add: I'd suggest logging them as either one listed above, depending on what the DVD covers - you might need to log a bit of both even :)

While I do think the calorie estimates are a tad high, I don't eat all of them back and instead make sure I hit at least 1200 a day. The most accurate way to know the calories is through a heart rate monitor, which I can't afford just yet.

hope this helps!
  • catycee1
    catycee1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    invest in heart rate montior that tells you the calorie count best thing I brought this year. get the one with a chest strap
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    HRM at Wal-Mart for $30. I've been using it a good while now and it works perfectly! Best thing I've bought myself since Power90!!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    Depends on the exercises the dvd incorporates. Turbo Jam is kickboxing, 30 day shred could go under calisthenics, etc. I only log it that way because I don't have a heart rate monitor, but that would be the most accurate way to find out how many calories you're burning.
  • hazbrunette07
    Options
    thank you everyone for the replies!! greatly appreciated.