how to lose arm fat?

Options
any suggestions, or workouts i should be doing to lose this fat?

Replies

• JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can't lose fat from just a certain area,you can tone up your arms though
    do you go to a gym?
    most gyms have machines that help to tone specific areas in the way lifting free weights can't.
    However if you only have acess to free weights then
    http://realwomensfitness.com/upper-body-exercises/womens-beginner-arm-toning-workout/
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    *bump so i can read tomorrow or later :bigsmile:
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels just did a segment on The Dr's today for arm fat. Try looking up the episode. I can't remember the exercises names.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    any suggestions, or workouts i should be doing to lose this fat?

Strength training with weights or resistance bands
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    altho spot reduction isn't possible, strength training will tone your muscles, and increase your metabolism so that your body will burn more fat all around. cardio will also help burn fat. so a combo of both is important. however, nutrition is the most critical factor. even if you exercise daily, but if you eat fattening stuff and over your caloric limit, your body will just deposit fat on top of your toned muscles.

i try to do both cardio/weight training, and am eating a lot better since beginning of the year. as a result, my entire body - not just my arms - is looking more toned. i think the kickboxing classes i take along with the weighted gloves i wear are helpful! if your gym offers an everlast strike class, that's really good - it is a combo of cardio kickboxing and strength training exercises using a weighted body bar.
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LBU0pWqsic&feature=related

There's tons of videos on youtube for arms, I've been doing these 2 for awhile, along with The Biggest Loser Cardiomax with 5 lb weights and I've definitely noticed a big difference so far!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    bump
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Like everybody else has said you can't spot reduce. Losing fat is like peeling an onion at the beginning... you just take virtually equal layers off everywhere, so you often notice it first where you didn't have much to lose in the first place.

However, once your body fat drops below a certain level your muscles will become more visible. I find that arms and shoulders in particular can be developed very nicely by women if they train in the right way.

Women need to get away from just doing isolation exercises for arms though. I see women do tricep kick-backs with dumbells the size of pencils in order to address their bingo wings... that won't work.

I find the best compound move for arms has to be the full press-up. It works the whole upper body. If you can't do full ones on your toes, then start on your knees. Another great exercise are chin-ups. Not many women can do unsupported cin ups, but any decent gym will have something called an "assisted chin / dip"... ask for it and get a PT to show you how to you it. Tricep dips are also great and can be done if you have no access to the gym, by using a chair.

If you have weights, there are heaps of supporting isolation exercises you can do like tricep kick-backs, bicep curls etc... BUT use proper hard weights that actually make a difference in growing a muscle, not these vinyl covered pink things that only weight 2lb.