In Need of motivation

Options
I've been doing so good,I lost 8.4 pounds in 8.4 weeks. I went to the gym 3 or more times a week, I was exercising at home if I couldn't make it. I got to my first goal of 125 (actually 124.6) and its like the light switched off, so far I have only sabotaged myself enough to put .4 back on but I feel miserable. Its like I have no self control when I see something I want Im going to eat it. Im tired of "doing what I want" then feeling sorry for myself afterward.
Anyone have a similar experience with reaching a goal and then slowing down? How did you overcome it?

Replies

• Linzi2010
    Options
    Don't waste your time on thinking negatives- look at what u have achieved. :smile:
  • mellybiene
    Options
    I've been there, there are times I ate so much in one day I gained back all the weight I lost. What helped was doing something new to remind myself of my goals and what I've achieved. I treat myself to a good snack or two but then I tell myself to get back to the routine. Look at your "before" photos so that you'll know you don't want to go back to that state, and find new distractions so you won't keep going back to food. At most, the bad days do make me learn my lessons because the feeling's not very good so hopefully you'll feel the same way and improve yourself :> Good luck and hang in there!
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    Don't waste your time on thinking negatives- look at what u have achieved. :smile:

Totally agree, you've already achieved a very significant weight loss, don't rush it , my weight loss has plateaued at 7lbs for the past 3 weeks since i started, the rest will come off when my body's good and ready
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    I dont see it as a negative, I just go 'okay so I'm going to eat this, that means that I need to do (insert your exercise choice here) to work it off. I see it more as a payoff rather than beating myself up over something I wanted to do. :)

You'll be okay!! Just keep at it, it will become a bit easier as you go along. Just don't be hard on yourself - we are our own worst critics :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Dont get so down on yourself. It looks like you have done really good. Your body could be adjusting to your change in diet and exercise is is wanting to plateau. If you havent already done so, try changing up your routine, especially your workouts.