Super Summertime!

Options
124»

Replies

• RebeccaM2386
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post my weight yesterday I was gone all day. I weighed in at 155 up 1 lbs. Last week was a pretty bad week so here is to this week.
  • BFab24
    BFab24 Posts: 66
    Options
    Great job ladies for being honest with us and yourself about weighin in. Some of us were up, some of us were down, but we are all making steps towards our goals!!

I hope everyone's first few days on the new challenges has been great. I am not off to a good start. I became violently ill with the flu yesterday afternoon. Since 2 yesterday afternoon all I have had to eat (and keep down) were 2 pieces of toast and a few saltines, along with sips once in awhile from Gatorade. Also I have barely moved today as every movement takes a tremendous amount of effort and I'm tired really quick. Not to mention every place on my body is achy. So that's my whiny story ... haha.

Anyway, I am not off to a great start but I suppose such is life. All I can do is rest until I am able to function again. Till then it's movies, saltines, and sleeping.

Have a happy Saturday night everyone!
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon. I didn't do much yesterday so I will be making up for it today I have to clean the house and exercise exercise exercise. I have today and tomorrow so I will be getting some good work outs in. Everyone have a lovely sunday.
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    Where did everyone go. Hey ladies how are you on this wonderful hump day. I am extremly tired but if I get this promotion it is total worth it. If Corp. lets up know today then tomorrow I will be opening the store all by myself with basically one day of training because the manager was late yesterday so couldn't really train me cause we had to open the store. Everyone have a fabulous day.
  • BFab24
    Options
    Happy Wed all!!

First of all, thanks for the well wishes when I was sick. I haven't been that sick since I was 10 I don't think! Yea it was awful. But I'm 100% better! Myappetite still isn't normal yet but that's ok ... Gotta give your body time to readjust back. So haven't been doing much logging as I barely eat one meal a day cuz of my tummy. And I haven't done much exercise as my body is still recuperating. But I am not "off the wagon" for lack of a better term. I am just taking life as it comes and doing my best!

Speaking of ... I ask the same thing as Rebecca ... Is everyone out there still? (P.S. Congrats on the promotion and good luck with opening the store!! :D). I hope the lack of communication just means that everyone is out enjoying life!! This website isn't life ... It's a great way to stay on track to good health. But sometimes it's not always convenient to get online. And everyone understands that. I hope you're all excellent and at least getting some movement and water in each day.

Many blessings to everyone and I'm praying for you all!
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Hey all! Glad you're feeling better! Being sick is no fun. Good luck on getting your promotion, Rebecca! :-)
    Quick question, i started the 30DS 2 days ago and went up 2 pounds overnight. ( I know normal daily fluctuations and stuff) but I was wondering if you all think It's because I'm retaining water because of the new workout?

Also I've been trying to drink at least 10 cups of water a day this week.
  • slaos07
    slaos07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    HI ladies...I'm still here...just really busy! I'm a CPA and it's tax season so for the next 4 weeks, I may not be on a ton. I will still check in on Fridays and log everything, but may not have a ton of time to chat.

Glad you are feeling better BFab...I was sick a few weeks ago and it was miserable! And congrats Rebecca! So exciting!

I hope everyone is getting their strength training in - I've done Kettlebells twice this week and tonight is night 3...I love them! I also took my 2nd Zumba clas last night and have to say that I am in love with it. I'm hoping to find another class to add so I can do 2 a week. I'm feeling pretty good right now - I think I've met my first goal (we'll see after tomorrow's weigh-in) so I can get my first reward - a new haircut!! YAY!!

See everyone tomorrow for weigh-in!
  • slaos07
    Options
    I'll go first today because I am SUPER excited! I weighed in this morning at 170 - down from last week's 171.8! This is my first goal weight (20 lbs lost!) and I had set it for March 31, so 13 days ahead of schedule too! Anyway, I get my first reward tomorrow - a trip to the salon to get my hair colored and cut - can't wait!

So on to the challenges - I met my water every day (most days went well over) and I did my strength training 3 days. I started using Kettlenetics last Saturday and am in love with the program. I highly recommend it to anyone - it's got some cardio in it that is combined with strenth training - after only 3 rounds I am already seeing a difference in my strength. I plan to keep going with it 3 days a week (and it burns around 400 calories in 40 minutes - so not bad there either!).

Looking forward to hearing everyone's progress today - Happy Friday!
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Oh my goodness, that's awesome!!! Way to go!! :) What color are you going to get your hair?

This week was up and down for me. I did the 30DS to get my strength training in and it shot my weight up to 220 overnight. I finally drank a lot of water yesterday and got rid of the water weight. Also, drank my 8+ cups everyday this week!

Last weeks weight : 218.2
    CW: 217.4
  • BFab24
    Options
    Awesome job Chelsea and Slaos!!! Wow, you guys are doing amazing!! Congrats on the salon trip ... That is always so much fun!! Wanna see pics of the new 'do!

Cuz of all the sick I was awful with water and working out this week :(. I won't get a chance to weigh myself till tomorrow as I'm at work from this morning till tomorrow afternoon ... Boo. But I'm guessing a very small change if any.

I am not quite sure what to do for challenges his week...I think the water thing would be a good idea again as some still struggle ... Me included. Let's keep the strength training as well. I haven't heard if anyone besides Slaos was able to get theirs in so let's all try for it this week ... 3 days of 1/2 hour each. Also I think it would be a good to practice some type of prayer/meditation. I'm not sure what everyones religious feelings are but I am a very spiritual person and I find myself being able to make great decisions and feeling healthier when I take time to relax and reflect and pray or meditate or whatever you find yourself believing in. I mean no disrespect by this. I just mean time with only yourself is a wonderful thing. So if everyone is ok with it, let's try to get 3 half hour times this week where we read or pray or meditate and just take time for ourselves.

So this week ...

Challenge 1 - Drink 64 oz of water everyday
    Challenge 2 - 3 days of strength training
    Challenge 3 - 3 half hour times of quiet time

Thanks for being an awesome group of encouraging women!!

Happy Weekend!!!
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    Happy Saturday

No weight lose for me this week. So next week im kicking it up alittle more since it is getting nice out and I work in the mornings I will be taking the puppy for walks in the evening. I also found a water jug that is 64 ozs so that should help with the water. I'm off to work everyone have a wonderful weekend.
  • slaos07
    Options
    Hey Ladies...I hope everyone's week is going well. I'm struggling with the water this week...I started taking some new vitamins from GNC called "Be Hot". They are a combination of a muscle definition, metabolism booster, and something else. Anyway, they are making me not feel like drinking water - I'm having to force myself to drink it. I got my haircut on Saturday as my reward - I'll post a pic on Friday with my weigh-in. Apparently losing the long hair made people notice the weightloss - I've had a ton of people comment on how much weight I've lost - which feels AMAZING!

Anyway - just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, so sorry Ive been out of the loop for what feels like an age! I had an interesting couple of weeks since I spoke to you last...I was home for a family occasion 2 weeks ago for about 4 days. When I came back and weighed myself I was up 10lbs!!!!! I couldnt believe it! I ended up getting TOM a few days later and I was really good all last week watching my food and drinking loads of water and when I weighed in last Saturday I was back down 10lbs so Im guessing it was just water and TOM! PHEW! I was so worried that I had gone back to square one! But its ok now!

So this week Im really putting the effort in. Last Saturday I weighed in at 162.2lbs. This Friday I want to be in the 150's soooooo badly! and I really hope I make it! My first mini goal is to reach 158lbs (which will mark my lightest weight EVER!) and Im hoping to reach that before the month is out. When I reach 158lbs the REAL weight loss will start for me then! It will be 'unknown' territory and I cant wait to see how Im going to transform when I start losing weight beyond that point :)

Ive set a mini-challenge for myself this week which is going well so far:
    1) To burn 3000cals in total this week
    2) To drink 100oz water everyday
    3) To increase my protein intake
    4) Stay under 1900mg sodium daily

The hardest ones are increasing protein and decreasing sodium! Im finding it hard to get a balance between everything but I'll see how the week goes :) I actually drank 120oz water today! So happy with that because 1 month ago I never drank any water!!

So its good to see you're all doing so well, I was reading through the thread to see what I missed! I'll try not to be so absent in future...things got a bit hectic cos I had alot of travelling to do and I kind of forgot to check the thread but Im back!!!

So Im off to bed now but I hope everyone had a great day and looking forward to tomorrow!!! xx
  • slaos07
    Options
    I was gonna wait and do this later today, but I'm so excited I can't. I lost 1.6 lbs this week (a little less than the 2 per week I need to make my goals, but its still AWESOME!) Anyway, I'm so excited because that loss takes me out the "Obese" BMI category and I'm now only "Overweight". YAY!!!!

Challenges: I did my strength training 3 days - once again I HIGHLY recommend Kettlenetics - I love it and I'm seeing huge results. 64 oz of water EVERY DAY. I also took time, at least 3 days - probably more - to relax and reflect on myself this week. I commute over 30 mins to work (each way) and I turned my radio off and was just quiet a few times. I also started reading the Bible each night with my son (and husband when he's home) as part of a Lent challenge at church. It's had a big impact on me already.

Can't wait to hear how your weeks were! Good luck on the scales this morning!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Hi guys!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

First off I wanna say well done Stephanie for your awesome achievement this morning! What a feeling that must be!! I, myself, am only 2lbs away from being in the 'NORMAL' category for the first time in my whole life! So I know how excited you must be!!!

Secondly congrats to Chelsea for your amazing losses! I keep seeing you've lost weight every few days! You must be doing really well! Keep it up!

This week for me was amazing! Last week I weighed in at 162lbs and I was desperately hoping to break into the 150's this week. So I was really good all week. My first goal was 158lbs which I set for the end of the month and this morning I weighed in at..........

wait for it...........

156lbs!!!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! I have never seen that on a scale before!!!! 6lbs down from last week! :noway:

So that brings me only 2lbs away from my next goal which I set at 154lbs because when I get past this, not only will I be the lightest weight Ive ever been in my adult life but I will finally be out of the 'overweight' category which I been settled in for most of my life....not mentioning the 'obese' category which I also resided but that seems like centuries and 'a whole different person' ago!!!!

So as you can probably tell I am SUPER excited right now and I feel amazing! I cant believe Im actually doing this! I have been stuck in the high 160's/170's for almost 2 years and I thought I would never see this day! But the summer is fast approaching and I dont know where its coming from but Im feeling this amazing determination to reach my goal weight by the summertime!

My MFP friends are the best ever and the support is unbelievable!

I hope the rest of you guys are doing well this week! Do check in and let us know how everything is going :)

Much Love! xxx
  • slaos07
    Options
    Way to go Lurayne!! That is awesome!
  • BFab24
    Options
    WAHOO!!!! Sounds like everyone has had some amazing success this week ... Congrats to all you skinny Minnies!!! That's awesome!!!

Sorry I haven't been a great "leader" or whatever this week. I have been working crazy hours and 30 hour shifts and all that. On top of it ,.. I got sick ... Again. Yea these kids I nanny must be kicking my immune systems butt. Was laid up on the couch two days and haven't stopped coughing since. The worst part is that Thursday was my birthday and I worked 15 hours, and when I camr home my boyfriend had baked his first cake from scratch and I couldn't even have any cuz my head was so plugged I couldn't taste it :(.

But enough whining ... Sorry! We are here to celebrate everyones awesome efforts. I have been off the exercise train since this sickness kicked in, but I have been drinking water, along with OJ. And I'm down to 188. So that's about 3 pounds down from the beginning. What's that quote from the movie "the devil wears prada" ... I'm only one stomach flu away from my goal weight ;)

So here's a big GOLD STAR for all you rocking ladies!!

Was anyone else able to get the quiet time in this past week? I know you said you did, Slaos. Did you find that it helped in any area of your life? I have about a 40 minute drive to work in the moorings too and I have spent that time in the quiet praying. And it just always seems to help my day go a little better. Whether I don't lose my patience as quick or I find myself being happy all day ... It's just the little things.

All right ... A day late with the challenges ... Just means we will have to work extra hard to get this done in 6 days :)

Challenge 1- drink 64 oz of water everyday.
    Challenge 2- Eat vegetables at lunch and dinner 3 times this week (I never seem to get enough veggies in my diet)
    Challenge 3- let's do 3 half hour quiet times again this week:)

All right ladies ... Happy Saturday and let's get it!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Aw so sorry to hear you are ill Britnee that's really awful. And a belated happy birthday! :flowerforyou: I wish it had been a better one for you. Here's to a speedy recovery so you can be fighting fit again!

And thank you for the challenges set for this week. I was only thinking today that Im definitely not eating enough vegetables so that's on my 'to do' list for this week. Im aiming to drink 100oz of water everyday this week. I managed it most days last week so hopefully I can do it 6 days straight this time.

Monday is always a hard day for me because its the start of the week and I always feel like weigh-in day is so far away and Ive so much to do! haha Im also meeting the girls for lunch tomorrow....my first public lunch date with people who arent dieting!!! I hope I dont cave and give into the temptation! So fingers crossed for me as I take on this mammoth challenge!

Hope we can all get a good start to the week and then everything else should fall into place :happy:
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Wow everyone, great job on everything! Sorry I haven't gotten on the boards sooner. This week has been pretty busy. My best friend came in for his college's spring break, so spent a lot of time with him and my classes. So needless to say, my exercise this week wasn't that great, but I got some in there. But I did get my water drank almost everyday!
    I'm down to 214.8! Finally passed the 20 lb mark. It finally feels like it's coming off consistently now.

I love the idea of the veggie challenge! I hate veggies so I rarely get them in there, so this is a good goal for me. :tongue:

Btw, hope you start feeling better!