Not really feeling fruit these days

Options
MrsCon40
MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
I eat A LOT of fruit and veg, but I am not really enjoying fruit much at the moment with the exception of grapefruit and blueberries.
Maybe it is because nothing is in season and therefore they all taste "meh"...

Any way... will cutting fruit out of my diet almost entirely cause me to miss out on something? Please keep in mind that I eat WAY MORE veg than most people eat. And I love veggies in all colors so I know I'm getting a good variety.

Replies

• army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    are you wanting something else to eat instead of fruit?
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no, cutting it down to once a week or so will keep you good just remember to keep that fiber intake up.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    As long as you’re eating plants, whether that plant is classified as a “fruit” or a “vegetable” doesn’t really matter. Some nutrients are easier to get in fruit (such as vitamin C). But you can definitely get it through vegetables. Here’s a link that breaks down nutrients and lists fruits, vegetables, and proteins that are good sources of that nutrient: http://www.healthalternatives2000.com/vitamins-nutrition-chart.html. But the general rule is, eat the rainbow. If your diet is filled with many colored vegetables, you are probably getting all the low calorie, high fiber, nutrients you need, even without fruit.
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Isn't that what Atkins does anyway? (no fruit?)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    keep in mind all of the fruits we dont think of as fruits..tomatos,zuchini,squash,eggplant,ect.. they are all fruits
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    keep in mind all of the fruits we dont think of as fruits..tomatos,zuchini,squash,eggplant,ect.. they are all fruits

I suddenly want a popsicle:wink:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fruit person. I buy mixed frozen berries though and blend them into a smoothie.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

I suddenly want a popsicle:wink:

so the advertisement is working!!! I was hired by the popsicle industry to subliminally make you want popsicles... lol xD
  • vivomatic
    Options
    Some fruits, like blueberries, strawberries, citrus, etc. have a lot of antioxidants and nutrition, without many calories. Try eating them on a salad of mixed greens and spinach with a small amount of crumbled blue cheese, balsamic vinegar (Costco's is really good), and olive oil. Top with a teaspon of toasted sliced almonds and some chicken breast. You have a meal loaded with nutrients, not many calories, and a different way to enjoy your fruit.