Go dig a hole!

Options
Romba
Romba Posts: 164 Member
I have been trying to lose weight since December 2009 and I've tried exersize bikes, elliptical trainers, running, etc...but the most weight I have ever lost was last summer when I was digging holes in the yard! I planted a few trees around my property and it was like magic...weight just started DROPPING!!!

...the moral of my story, you wanna lose weight? Go dig a hole! It works out your entire body! I think I'll go dig in the yard right now.

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    So THAT'S the answer! Thank you! :bigsmile:

I did yardwork yesterday and it felt pretty good to get out in the fresh air and move my body in a purposeful way.

Thanks for the smile this morning.
  • danyotennis
    Options
    unfortunately, I have to wait until the snow melts and the ground thaws a bit. But I`ll keep it in mind....for next month :laugh:
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    If you're anywhere near Pennsylvania, you can come dig holes in my yard. I have a lot of planting to do this spring... :bigsmile:
  • danyotennis
    Options
    about 400 miles to the north, I guess. Enjoy your planting.

Actually this morning is just above freezing point....spring is coming :smile:
  • jlopez87
    jlopez87 Posts: 22
    Options
    This post is so cute. Go dig a hole! Love it! Reading brought a smile to my face. I too have been trying to loose my extra weight for YEARS... and Just recently (over the past few weeks) did I actually start dropping pounds.

Gardening and yard work is a WONDERFUL way to burn calories. My mother who is very weight and fitness conscious is always outside weeding or raking leaves. One of the reasons she does it is for the exercise. When i lived at home she would always say "why don't you come out and rake some leaves with me? It's good exercise"...I should have listened!

I currently live in a condo and will be moving into a single family home in the next few months. I can't wait to clean up the yard and start a garden. The benefits are endless. Planting is great for the environment, good for your health, and looks pretty :happy: