Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Does anyone take some daily?
I read that there are a lot of health benefits to Apple Cider Vinegar.

Also, if you do take this how do you get it down. :)
I read water and honey makes it better.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have heard there are benefits to apple cider vinegar and I believe they do come in a pill format so you don't have to choke it down.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    :drinker: bump I am also interested.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have tried.... but it made me gag I don't like the taste.... then I bought the capsules... but didn't notice any difference... the only thing that I use it and it works is when my scale is itchy I will put some on and leave it for 20-30 min then wash my hair that works...
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    @ fedup2010

Apple cider vinigar is actually great for your hair! It works better than any clarifying shampoo you can buy. When my hair starts to look dull and abused from too much product I always rinse my hair with some, and it leaves it super shiny and soft =D
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon in32 ounces of water when I have heartburn and it helps to balance the acid in my stomach and gets rid of the heartburn
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I learned about apple cider vinegar on this website and started drinking it...primarily for digestion sake - I have GERD. I try to do it every day...although I forget sometimes. I love to add a couple of tbsp with about 1/2 cup of water and I add a sweetener with it. I love it. Folks also make salad dressings with it. I've found that it helps curve my desire for diet soda also.

Here's another thread on this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/176201-apple-cider-vinegar
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It dont have any nutritional benifits from what i have found on the computer. Even if it did i couldnt handle putting that down
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    WARNING....I tried using a tablespoon a day and ended up with a yeast infection! It threw off my PH balance.....or something like that. ;)
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Make sure you are taking RAW ACV. Because otherwise you are pretty much taking it for nothing.

Many commercial apple cider vinegars have been pasteurized, filtered, refined or distilled in order to make the product look good, and thereby more appealing to the general public.
    Unfortunately this extra processing destroys much of the healthy goodness and thus many of the apple cider benefits that were in the product in the first place.

I use ACV for alot of things - I take about a Tablespoon a day (Just in a shot glass, plain) for general heath, I use it to wash my hair (Baking soda and Vinegar. No shampoo or conditioner for me), I use it to get rid of acne, I put it on my cuts, and I use it for getting stains out of things. I put it on bug bites and it gets rid of the itch. If you take some when you have the hiccups it gets rid of them.

We put it in my dogs water when she got a food infection and within about 4-5 days the sore was gone.

I put it in a bowl on the counter, cover with plastic wrap, poke a few holes in it and it gets rid of fruit flys : )

Baking soda and vinegar are my favorite heath products. : ) I am sure there are more uses but thats all I can think of right now...Feel free to add me!

EDIT -- 2 winters ago I was sick ALL winter (and all the winters before that) ever since I have been taking ACV I am rarely sick...I don't take it every day. Only when I feel like I am getting sick (I know my really early signs of a cold) and if I remember I will take some. : ) You get used to it eventually....I also like to put it in a large glass of water with some lemon juice (also helpful)...Then sip all day.
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just recently started doing kickboxing and my trainer told me to take one tablespoon full of it twice a day for my joints, so my knees don't make cracking sounds. Although he told me it needs to be undistilled apple cider vinegar. I just picked up one bottle but I have not tried it yet...Too scared.:ohwell: