Anybody doing kickboxing for weightloss

Options
I recently started kickboxing with a personal boxing trainer. I was wondering if anybody is using kickboxing for weightloss. I would also like to know any suggestions and insights others have for me. I have about 50 pounds to lose...is it possible to lose 50 pounds with kickboxing?

Replies

• katacha999
    Options
    Absolutely. Kickboxing, muay thai - are fantastic body shredders. The cardio is intense as are the calisthenics. When you are hitting pads and practicing technique - still an excellent burn. I did Muay Thai for awhile until I tore my knee in Thailand training. It's heartbreaking that I haven't been able to train while waiting on surgery. But I will be back! Excellent burn and super fun. And also a great stress reliever. Enjoy!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    well i did youtube videos last year and lost 50 lbs off of those and eating healthy so im sure you can lose 50 with kickboxing :P
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    I'm not currently kickboxing, but I did last summer and lost 20 pounds doing it in just a couple of months, so it definitely works :smile: It's a great workout and really fun.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've been using a kickboxing video off Netflix. It's from 10 Minute Solutions and I do the whole video which is 55 minutes. I love it! I goes by so fast because I'm having so much fun with it! Good luck! keep it up
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Kickboxing, muay thai - are fantastic body shredders. The cardio is intense as are the calisthenics. When you are hitting pads and practicing technique - still an excellent burn. I did Muay Thai for awhile until I tore my knee in Thailand training. It's heartbreaking that I haven't been able to train while waiting on surgery. But I will be back! Excellent burn and super fun. And also a great stress reliever. Enjoy!

I like your attitude about your injury. You sound like a very determent woman!!!! Good for you!!!Good luck on your surgery and I hope you get well fast!!!
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Jam...it's fun and doesn't feel like a workout, except that you are sweating buckets! I have menopause AND thyroid disorder so my metabolism is pretty much non-existent! Plus I have a heart condition and my meds won't allow my heart rate to reach its peak (meds are working but causing weight loss to be more difficult). But I'm losing weight with Turbo Jam---and if I can lose, anyone can! Feel free to look me up on FB under Cathy Avriett Price and you can see what all I'm doing for weight loss :)
  • catycee1
    catycee1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started kickboxing about 3 weeks ago I can feel my clothes are looser. I know it works and I can feel the change in my body, getting stronger and able to workout more. I do it 3 times a week my goal is 4 times a week starting in April
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have two classes per week with ym trainer. Each time, I am soaking wet from sweating so much by the end our sessions. I am locing it, and I am going to continue work out with my trainer who is teaching me all about kickboxing. People at work make me really mad almost on a daily basis, and it is great to work out my frustrations with them. I feel great after each workout and I am hoping to see some results soon. I also workout at home, mostly practicing the moves that I have problems during our sessions.
    Thank you for all of your comments.