Paleo Diet

Options
I just came across the Paleo Diet, has anyone on here tried it?
link for those who never heard of it: http://paleodietlifestyle.com/

Replies

• caboeyes
    caboeyes Posts: 24
    Options
    I've never heard of it but it looks interesting and certainly sounds logical. I bookmarked for future reference. Thanks!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    That's almost the same as Primal Blueprint! I have a few friends who follow the Primal blueprint diet they seem to be doing fine on it!
  • mrslei007
    mrslei007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yea it does seem logically, that's what i was thinking, im trying to find more research on it before i go ahead and try it. also im gonna have to look up the primal blueprint too never of heard of that either lol. thanks ladies.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yes! LOVE it! I started eating "Paleo" a few months ago. I haven't lost much weight (though I have only 5 lb. until my goal), but I've lost a good amount of body fat. My muscles are more pronounced and definitely more toned.

I have added Greek yogurt to the diet too. In the strict Paleo Diet, there is no dairy. Greek yogurt is high in protein, and low in fat, and helps with digestion. I don't eat it every day, but probably four or five times each week.

At first the diet seems really difficult.....How will I eat out? What about breads? But once you get going, you are satisfied and don't even miss those things! In fact, we ate out yesterday at a Chinese food buffet, and I ate Salmon fillet, broccoli and shrimp, broccoli and chicken, asparagus, and green beans. I was so full! And these things totally fit in with the diet! (NOTE: There is a whole lot more sodium in those foods than I'm used to, so this was a once-in-while treat for me.)

I don't use the Paleo Diet Cookbook.....I find you can really cook all of the meats you want with a few healthy methods: grilling, baking and broiling. I have found a few meat rubs that are low in sodium, and one that is sodium free!

Good luck with the diet! I hope you like it!
  • mrslei007
    mrslei007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks i feel a little more confident about it now to hear some say they like it instead of the website! im working on my grocery list now and hope to start it tomorrow and see how i do after two weeks.