30 Day Shred damage?

Options
I have read about letting your muscles mend by doing a different exercise (cardio one day/strength training the next). With a daily constant exercise like 30 day Shred, what is the potential for tearing or damage? Has anyone experienced this at all? Pros? Cons? I am hoping my copy comes in the mail from Netflix today, I am just curious about this?

Replies

• 30in11
    30in11 Posts: 14
    Options
    I did Level 1 for the first time a couple days ago and honestly I don't think I would have been able to do it the next day. My arms, calves and quads were aching quite a lot the next day and still are stiff today. I'll do it again when I'm less sore and in the meantime, do other exercises. I imagine that the more you do 30 day shred the less it will have this effect on you and you'd be able to do it every day with no issues... but I'd advise you to take it a bit easier at first.
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 today and while the first few days were tough it is a lot easier now. I trust that it won't cause any damage and haven't known anyone that has been hurt while doing it. She tells you how to do the exercises the correct way although only a real life personal trainer could help you with that I guess. Enjoy!
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It depends on your current fitness level. I found level 1 pretty easy but I've also completed Chalean Extreme & run at least 3x/week. I know several people who alternate the 30DS every other day & do some type of cardio only the off days to mix it up. Good luck!!
  • kkruse08
    kkruse08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have also just started using the 30 day shred and use it every third day, i run or walk and do other exercise on the days off of the shred. i do no think i could have done it daily in the beginning.
  • japanbot
    japanbot Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred DVD and its a pretty good one. As far as muscle tearing, it really depends on your level and how heavy a weight you use. Generally people use heavy weights/low reps to tear muscle (dont worry, it wont make women bulky). If you're less experienced with exercising/using weights then your muscles will tear easier with a lower weight. When I first started doing the video I definitely felt it the next day, but as I progressed I feel it in my muscles less. Now I mostly do days of heavy weight training mixed with cardio. Generally you shouldnt do a total body exercise every day, a lot of people who do strength training will work one or two body parts a day once or twice a week. I like doing back/bicep, chest/tricep/shoulders, legs, then repeating that the next 3 days to workout a total of 6 days. I usually only do workout DVDs when I missed a couple days of training and need to get in a good total body/cardio workout, or just want a fun way to get moving.
  • TennisLoveGirl
    TennisLoveGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do the Shred about three times/week and cardio like spinning or elliptical on the other days. I find it boring to do the same thing day after day and like to mix it up.