Stronger, Better, Faster...Oct 8

Options
The fall weather is finally touching Texas. It's still going to be 90 today, but the lows are in the 50s. Went for a bike ride yesterday and going north was tough as the cool front moved through. Today is weights and two yoga classes. I might walk a little too, just to get warmed up for yoga.

Happy Workouts Y'all!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    The fall weather is finally touching Texas. It's still going to be 90 today, but the lows are in the 50s. Went for a bike ride yesterday and going north was tough as the cool front moved through. Today is weights and two yoga classes. I might walk a little too, just to get warmed up for yoga.

Happy Workouts Y'all!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Today is bikram, and I might try to walk either there or back (or walk somewhere else today)

Also, finishing up a proposal draft and starting on another proposal draft.

Yesterday, I dropped my French class. I'm too far behind the other students to catch up and learn new stuff at the same time, so I'm going to catch up on my own, and then register for the class again in the fall, or just try the translation test in the fall. I'm actually pretty good at translating, as I had to do it as a voice major in my master's program.

We have family (my stepdaughter, her husband and her kids) coming to visit tomorrow. I think I might be stressed about it. Have to try to clean the house later. It's, well. . .a mess.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Today is a light day for the most part. The hardest thing will be trying to figure out what to put on the grocery list for shopping tomorrow. Or maybe doing Shred will be hardest because I am pretty sore from walking and doing Shred yesterday. I did my push ups today. Week 6 Day 2 Level 1. 150.
    Today's goals:
    make healthy grocery list
    drink water
    Shred

Last night my husband said, "You're not losing weight. We should bring the sweets back. I miss having sweets.":grumble: Misses the sweets? What is he talking about? He gets junk at work some times. He goes to the gas station and gets a big brownie once a week. I buy him trail mix. He said, "I'm a cookie kind of guy." Yeah well, I'm a cookie-brownie-cake-icecream-chocolate-candy kind of girl, hence the reason this stuff is not in the house! I can't even have the low cal fudgsicles in the house. I will binge on those. Part of me wants to quit counting and just eat when I feel like I need to and work out. But I'm afraid of going overboard when I allow myself to eat. Some thing is just not working for me. I've been doing this solid since June and I have not lost anything! In fact the scale was up another pound this morning. Maybe if I just let go and stop obsessing then it will come off? I don't know. I'm going to go clean and work. Sorry for another novel today.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I really think that stress is the "x factor" in weight loss. And part of that is the "I'm not losing weight stress." That's why I'm TRYING to let it go, but man is that ever hard!

It may be time for a long talk about having sweets in the house. It's tricky. .. but my rule is single serving packages only. If your hubby really, really wants something, he can go to the store and get it. Or, maybe he could have a secret stash hiding place that he doesn't tell you about? Those are pretty much my only ideas.

I'm with you, I can't have anything like that in the house. No matter how big the container is, I somehow think of it as "single serving."
  • blondie456k
    blondie456k Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congratulations on loosing 83Lbs! Oh wow! I was at 217 and now I'm at 191~ my goal is 135 and I know how hard it is already, Not to mention that 83 Lbs is a lot! That's an inspiration to me in itself. Again Congrats!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I agree with V - single serve only. I also think that "treats" should be just that. Maybe a trip to the ice cream parlor rather than ice cream in the house. I believe in effort to get the treat (whatever that treat is for you). If it's not worth a special trip, than you probably don't really want it - but if it is, go ahead and give yourself permission - no guilt, enjoy your food. Something that I forget now and then.

You can always join me and V and go for the Intuitive Eating program...:bigsmile: I got my book from the library.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I agree with V - single serve only. I also think that "treats" should be just that. Maybe a trip to the ice cream parlor rather than ice cream in the house. I believe in effort to get the treat (whatever that treat is for you). If it's not worth a special trip, than you probably don't really want it - but if it is, go ahead and give yourself permission - no guilt, enjoy your food. Something that I forget now and then.

You can always join me and V and go for the Intuitive Eating program...:bigsmile: I got my book from the library.
    Agreed ice cream in the house is TOOOO tempting. plus if you do go out you have to go all out and have the real deal. Asnack of the low cal stuff is ok, I do that at work sugar free lactose free and low fat in a half serving, but believe me sometimes you just NEED that fatty goodnedd ice cream can give ya. Heres a suggestion walk run or bike to get said treat whatever it be. Unless its sarris candy for me and thats 20 miles of highway away so I wait till someone sells it thru charity closer.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Thanks for your help. No sweets in the house. Or at least try not to. My husband can go get whatever he wants. We usually get frozen yogurt once a week. So that's a nice treat. Especially when it's been days without anything like that or it's gone over a week. lol What's your opinion on trail mix? Good or bad? I love it, but don't know if I should get any when I go to the store.
    Well, I may have to change up my work out schedule. I like to work out in the mornings while my son is playing but the last two days it has not been a good idea. He interrupts me while I am doing the Shred. If I don't get what he wants he keeps asking and asking until I do or he starts screaming at me. Oh the joys of a 2 year old. If he doesn't get calmed down he goes into a melt down that could last up to an hour. Well, Shred is intense and when I am in the middle of it I do not want to stop and get him a drink or whatever. I get really really mad! Like throwing things mad which is not like me. I have to assume it's because of the intense work out. It's suppose to work off stress though! Not encourage it! So I may have to change things, so I won't get interrupted anymore.
    On a bright note, I found a long lost friend on Facebook! :bigsmile: I"m very happy about that!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Trail mix is a tricky one for me. . .

It's great if I'm running twelve different places and need a handful of super-calorie dense food to keep me going. But, as a snack, I tend to eat the entire super-calorie dense bag.

So, maybe if you could find (or make) single serving portioned bags.

Oh, and my walk consisted of "to the nail salon and back" my toes is pretty! (now that it's boot season and I'm the only one that will see them.) I find that getting my nails done is becoming my primary coping mechanism. Along with the gym and the yoga studio.

I'm doing good at not eating in front of the TV. . .but I've discovered for the next challenge that I'll also have to say "no eating in front of the internets." (Although all the pointing and clicking does slow me down.)

:wink:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Oh, and my walk consisted of "to the nail salon and back" my toes is pretty! (now that it's boot season and I'm the only one that will see them.) I find that getting my nails done is becoming my primary coping mechanism. Along with the gym and the yoga studio.

I'm doing good at not eating in front of the TV. . .but I've discovered for the next challenge that I'll also have to say "no eating in front of the internets." (Although all the pointing and clicking does slow me down.)

:wink:
    OH! I want to get my toes done! If I start losing weight again ever then I should go get that done again! I had it done three years ago when I was 40 1/2 weeks pregnant. Man! That felt SOOO good!
    Yeah, not eating in front of the TV is hard for me. I have gotten my son started on it. Not good.
    I measure trail mix and put it in separate baggies, one for each day, though sometimes it's ends up being two. That's what I am afraid of. Hubby can hide them for me and get one out each day. He may eat it all though!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    From me to you, sweetie. . .

you should get your toes done as soon as possible. It costs money, which I appreciate is tight for everybody right now. . .but I think you deserve to feel amazing. Whether or not you lose any more weight.

(It sounds like you could use an hour or two to yourself, if you don't mind me saying so.)

:flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ditto V...you deserve to get your toes done MM!!! :flowerforyou:

Well the responses to my morning post kinda put me in a funk but I'm taking my own advice and staying positive, hoping that I helped at least one person realize, 'Hey I get up every day and try, so maybe I deserve to treat myself a little better'. I'm going to do something for myself today...which is washing my car and going to a local meet to hang out with other Volkswagen-heads. It's been months since I've been out to stand and talk cars with everyone, so that should be fun. I'm a little on the high side of my calories today so I'll have a light dinner...I deserved that cappucino treat this morning though. :laugh:

So goals for today are:

Stay in calories
    Wash car
    Have fun socializing with friends!

:heart:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    From me to you, sweetie. . .

you should get your toes done as soon as possible. It costs money, which I appreciate is tight for everybody right now. . .but I think you deserve to feel amazing. Whether or not you lose any more weight.

(It sounds like you could use an hour or two to yourself, if you don't mind me saying so.)

:flowerforyou:
    Thanks V. I break for myself would be great. Maybe I can do something this weekend and let my hubby watch Alex. I need to go buy bras so I might do that. Maybe my honey will give me a few bucks in the next two weeks and I can go with a friend and get my nails done. :happy:

Rach, your day sounds fun! I miss my guys that I used to talk about cars with. I'm pretty rusty so I might sound like a dork now. A lot of times I just smile and nod now. :laugh: Enjoy your day!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I miss my guys that I used to talk about cars with. I'm pretty rusty so I might sound like a dork now.
    Haha, RUSTY, get it? :laugh: I'm a dork. I have never had a manicure or pedicure, but it sounds like fun. I nibble on my cuticles when I'm stressed, so my fingers look awful right now. I was thinking of trying to schedule a massage this weekend, though... I need one!

I am feeling a little more normal on the emotional scale today, but wouldn't you know it - I've caught a cold. :frown: So today is lots of water, and hopefully Shred when I get home.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Sorry your sick CP! That stinks!
    I don't know what my problem is today. I have been craving every single junk food I could think of this afternoon! Of course I haven't eaten it, but I sure want to! Not good when I am trying to work on a grocery list! UGH! I hope we get frozen yogurt tonight! :laugh: