How Do You Beat Your Binge/Cravings?

cem2168
cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
So a common thing with dieters is totally the "fall off the wagon" moments where those cravings just wont go away! Does anyone have any things they like to do or eat instead that knock out those cravings?

I love kombucha juice! you can get it at Whole Foods or any health food store and its a raw food drink/ ice tea type thing with pro biotics and enzymes, vitamins etc. I find that after days of drinking just water i might be more likely to give into cravings (for some reason i have no idea) where as if i drink something with a little flavor and health benefits my cravings go right away! Such an easy fix.... i never really have those crazy moments :)

Also... Scandinavian Flat Breads work wonders too! its about the size of a thick graham cracker and is only 12 cals! great when i am craving those extra carbs!

What do other people do? any mantras? any quick fix foods?

Replies

• I love kombucha juice and i drink a lot of flavored waters and tea to help give me something sweet and keep my mind of cravings. I also love dessert flavored gum!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    I was REALLLLLLLLY craving chocolate today and bought the smallest package of Dove Promises I could find, ate two and threw away the other two. If I had kept them I would have eaten them. If its reallllly a bad craving ill try anything I can to forget it. Drink a glass of water, take a walk, a shower, talk to my boyfriend... Sometimes u just have to give in, but keep it limited and take drastic measures like me to make sure u dont go overboard!
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    I love Extra Mint Chocolate Chip gum!! I usually only chew a half a stick but it helps with the chocolate I don't want to eat!! I have pretty good will power and MFP food diary always has me thinking about what I eat and my calorie count...guess it keeps me in line!! :flowerforyou:
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    I fall every once in a while. Right now a plate of cupcakes are calling my name, Just made them with the kids and tried one. I could eat the whole plate of them, they are darn good. Usually I just don't eat the stuff that I shouldn't, Once I sample something, it is very hard for me.

But I didn't lose 67 lbs by falling off the wagon too much.

Cravings aren't as hard as binge eating, since I do allow myself some favorites.
  • Well, if anyone is interested go online to DR. QUINN WEIGHT LOSS. He is a local Dr. but sells noncontrolled appetite suppressants online. These are all natural and work WONDERS to curb your appetite & cravings (TRUST ME, i didn't believe it but it works for me and my appetite is not easy to control). I use the 'fill pill' , the 'appetite ender' , and the 'binge buster'. For the amount you're getting they are a very good price and besides being completely natural they work better than any of the over the counter diet pills I've ever tried. I ordered these three bottles and he sent me a free week supply of his slim packs, which include two of the pills I ordered plus two vitamins for the morning time.

I am still using my week supply and haven't even gotten into what I ordered yet and I absolutely love it. I would never order something online from some random Dr. but I was referred from a coworker of mine who used his system and has lost 40 lbs and looks wonderful! Now she rarely even uses the pills except occasionally for late night cravings.

Anyone who has trouble with cravings or never feeling full/satisfied enough should DEFINITELY try this..you won't regret it! :smile:

Again, google Dr. Quinn Weight Loss..
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    I think there will be some people that think this is wrong, just remember this is what works for me; I work out.

I love food, that's what got me to my biggest point; I also realized after years of yo-yo diets and trying fads, that "dieting" is NOT going to work for me. I won't deny or deprive myself if I want something. I use this site to track my foods, reactions to them & my caloric intake/output. If I want chocolate, I eat it. If I want chips, I eat them - in moderation. If I deny myself something, I will go overboard the next time I have it or lose control on something else. So my balance is if I eat more, I exercise more. Once I've lost everything I want to lose and achieved the results I've been working towards, I need to be able to keep up my new lifestyle. I don't want to have to struggle 5 or 10 years from now to "get thin again". I want to know I can keep this up 4-Life.
    So I workout, at least 6 days a week and focus on training my body & mind to accept this routine. It's worked so far since I'm in better shape & smaller size clothes now than I was in high school or in my 20's.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    I take a look at the food i want to eat, take a deep breath, and just think about how much more satisfying it will be to see a loss on the scale then the few moments the eating will be. Then I usually take one more deep breath, close my eyes and leave it alone.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    I take a look at the food i want to eat, take a deep breath, and just think about how much more satisfying it will be to see a loss on the scale then the few moments the eating will be. Then I usually take one more deep breath, close my eyes and leave it alone.

Yes, it's the same for me. The short moment you spend eating the food is so fleeting. It comes and goes so quickly. But the effects of it DO NOT go quickly! :(

That's what keeps me on track. But I do have my moments when it's just really really hard to look the other way. I am human!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    In the beginning, the only thing I could do to combat my cravings was to keep the junk out of the house - if I didn't buy it, I couldn't eat it! I had to do this, because when I caved in to a craving I would binge. Now that I am stronger and have more control, some junk food has made it back in to the house (husband and childrens' favorite treats) but I easily stay away from it, or if I have some I manage to eat a serving or less.

Also - I used to have a MASSIVE sweet tooth. I used to buy 2 king sized candy bars at a time, because 1 just wasn't enough! So I focused on eating lots and lots of protein, and the cravings nearly disappeared. Now I eat a more balanced diet of carbs and protein, and my sweet tooth is still under control.

Lastly, I changed my habits. If I am craving something I shouldn't eat or if I just want to eat because I am bored (or sad, or happy, or angry...) I redirect my attention to something else. I exercise, read a book, play with my kids, call a friend, or jump on MFP to post on my friends' statuses or post to the forums. I am replacing my unhealthy habits with habits that won't stall my progress :happy:
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    "I love food, that's what got me to my biggest point; I also realized after years of yo-yo diets and trying fads, that "dieting" is NOT going to work for me. I won't deny or deprive myself if I want something. I use this site to track my foods, reactions to them & my caloric intake/output. If I want chocolate, I eat it. If I want chips, I eat them"

This is my philosophy. I can have anything I want as long as I put it in MFP. This reduces the pressure to have it. However, I find that the better I eat the better I want.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    I try not to let myself get too hungry, because if I'm too hungry, those weak-in-the-knee foods like Cheetos that are easy to grab prove to be too much for me.
This discussion has been closed.