Should I feel guilty??????

Options
I've been on this site for three weeks and down almost 10lb,s down 35lb since mid November and following my MFP goals plus extra workouts daily. My exercise amounts to at least 800 - 1000 +cals a day and i seldom use them maybe partially, my question is im having spare ribs and i know this will blow my cals out of the water tonigt but ive worked out 7500cals this week,and mostly not used, should i enjoy this meal and not worry about it as i will be back on track tomorrow and still working out. 4 ribs 482 cals,lol, just looking at some feedback. Thanks

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You should never feel guilty. Guilt solves nothing. It only serves to tear you down and defeat you.

Now, as far as whether or not you should go ahead and eat them, yes, I feel that you should. You've burned off a great deal of the calories already. Don't go crazy and eat like a whole pot of ribs, but enjoy yourself. Indulging once in a while helps keep your metabolism working properly.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    no you shouldnt, eat them and enjoy.:smile:
  • tauns
    tauns Posts: 29
    Options
    Yes - go and enjoy! You are not on a "diet" you are doing a lifestyle change! You have been good. Go enjoy, just don't go overboard. If you did this every week I would say no...but this is a night out and not the norm. Don't feel guilt, enjoy and have some for me. Sounds soooooo yummy!!
  • blazestarr
    Options
    I agree that you should enjoy them. Congrats on all your hard work!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    yes you should eat them but don't go crazy. and as far as all those calories you don't eat every day you should try and get close to eating them. eat more protein and fiber for those calories as they will help you to build muscle and burn the fat off.

enjoy your ribs tonight.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I agree with the above....enjoy. You do plenty of exercise and sound like you live a healthy lifestyle...we all need a naughty treat now and again. Well done on your progress so far x
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    wow over 7000 calories, that is awesome!! I thought I was doing well at almost 2k this week. I think you should enjoy them. Unfortunately, since my stomach has shrunk, it's hard for me to be able to enjoy cheat meals because I can't eat as much as I'd like to. You may feel the same, I don't know. But, definitely try your best to enjoy it withOUT guilt!!! :)
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with everybody - enjoy the ribs! Try not to see things in black & white...just last Sunday night I ate a TERRIBLE dinner but I was aware of what I was doing, I made the choice to do it and the next day I was back with my regular routine & it was OKAY! Allow yourself to indulge a little! Enjoy the ribs!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    by all means ENJOY IT!!!!!! ffs this isnt a f***n diet, its a lifestyle change are u gona go ther rest of ur life never eating anything u enjoy???? lol have some fun and enjoy a non-cal concious meal

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I agree with others. First, food is not something to feel guilty about...ever. And it seems you've been working really hard. Don't even consider this a cheat day. Just eat your ribs and enjoy. Get back to counting, logging and all that jazz tomorrow. After all, if you want this to be a permanent lifestyle change and not diet you have to treat it as such...which means you can still eat the things you love, just in moderation! Enjoy your day!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Go for it. I agree this is not a diet but a lifestyle change. A one-off treat is not going to hurt. Enjoy.
  • lohawkins
    Options
    ENJOY THEM!
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the ribs you have earned them. Like others have said it is the lifestyle, you have improved your diet and know your goals a treat ever now and again will not derail them.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having a cheat meal once a week
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I find myself in nearly the same position as you today. For the last month I have been doing great but today was the first time I have gone over my calorie goals since early february. I figure as many extra calories I have had between then and now, ... as hard as it is to take....... I figure I deserve a break and not going to worry about going over tonight. It sounds like you have been doing some great things so I recommend you enjoy those ribs, not just for you BUT ENJOY THEM FOR ALL OF US!!
  • trolleydolly70
    trolleydolly70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    7500kcal a week?, girl enjoy those ribs!!!:smile:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I completely don't understand guilt about food. If you eat too much, or the wrong thing, the only person who cares is yourself, so what is there to feel guilty about?
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    I assume you like ribs, so enjoy!!!! LIfe is short. You're doing an awesome job and there is no reason why you should not eat something you enjoy. You don't plan on overindulging and it is one meal. One meal is not going to do that much harm as long is it's one meal and not one meal a day! LOL. I think you might find that your stomach might let you know when you've had enough, just listen to your body! Enjoy those ribs!!!!
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Enjoy! Make sure you get in your water today to counteract the sodium you'll be taking in :wink:
  • babalee
    babalee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like reading "this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change." And, "Life is short, if you enjoy ribs, have some."

Do not feel guilty about it. Don't even think of MFP until tomorrow.
    Then. Tomorrow, keep the healthy habits you've been working on for a while. Enjoy your workouts and eat healthy!

(Good point about increasing water!)