ugh...

Options
So before I start, let me reassure you I understand that this whole weight loss is NOT an overnight process! I have to keep telling myself that I didn't get this big in a day so I will not get small in a day!! =) That being said, I am not losing any more weight recently!! I started on March 1st doing 30 day shred in the a.m. and Zumba in the afternoon. I lost like 4 lbs in the first week, which is awesome, but now I have stalled out and I am getting more and more frustrated! I do a shorter amount of Zumba now but my 30 day shred is more hardcore and I am sweating way more on this level than the first one. I guess I just don't know if this is normal and if it will get better. I don't see the point in waking up early and taking the time in the afternoon if it's not going to do anything for me. Is anyone else having this problem and if so how did you overcome it?! (I love MFP because it does make me way more hesitant to just give up because I know there are people to ask!!) Thanks y'all!! =D

Replies

• LizzetteRamirez
    LizzetteRamirez Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    keep it going! You will see the scale go down. The second week is sort of harsh but you will lose. Dont get discourage and keep it going!
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    You have just started,in the beginning your body may be in the "shock" stage. Make sure you are eating your calories. Don't burn yourself out, if you were not exercising at all before March 1st, then maybe cut down to just one Jillian or Zumba a day for a couple weeks, it is ok to build up to Shred and Zumba in the same day. Just take time for your body to rest, eat those calories and make sure you are not burning out. Nutrition and fitness should be a life long venture, not just something to help you lose weight and then never do again.
    Don't get discouraged. Every day you are building on the day before! Mostly the goal is to never quit, keep going! You can do it just don't quit!!
    Try to do something this weekend you enjoy!!
    ~Corina
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I was like that in the beginning. I was losing inches, but not pounds. It will happen for you. Make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water!!
  • toridorey
    toridorey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talks!! It really helps to have positive support! Thanks again!! =D
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I would say weightloss for most people is 70% about diet and 30% about training.

Perhaps if you make your food diary public you'll enable people to make some possible suggestions regarding your nutrition.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    I agree, people can't give useful help without seeing your food diary. Weight lost is at least 70% (probably more like 80% diet) and only 10% exercise and 10% genetics. Without knowing what, how much you are eating, suggestions are pretty much impossible to give.
  • Jane1320
    Jane1320 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi,

How is your food? Are staying at or below your calorie alottment? What type of food are you eating? Try to stay away from processed foods and too many refined carbohydrates that turn to sugar. Also try not to eat late at night. If all those things don't work, you may want to get your thyroid checked.:flowerforyou: