Scared to get rid of all my fat jeans

Options
2»

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Nothing is more liberating than tossing them out. Keeping them is remaining in doubt mode; in that "what if" state of mind. Maybe you are frugal - cut them up and use for rags. Do-gooder - give to a thrift store. Sentimental - put them on and take a picture - keep that on the fridge as a reminder and then get rid of them! Then go to the store, anyone, and buy a pair that fits well. If you are in losing mode, you will need to refresh your wardrobe every two months and the thrift store is the best place for that - until you get to the size you wish to be. Far better for day to day self-image to wear clothes that fit, are flattering, and are in fashion, regardless of shape and size, even if you will have to "toss" them in a couple of months!

I completely agree!! I shed my larger sizes as fast as I could...you have to know that you are NEVER going back. Do you really need reminders hanging out in your closet? I finally ditched all my skinny clothes too!! I got back into a pair of skinny jeans and realized that even though I could, I would NEVER wear them again because styles have changed so much and it's not what I like anymore. That was all I needed to part with everything else I have been carting around for years!!

Loved the clearance racks when I was blowing through a size or so every couple of months!!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Oh and as for shipping of clothes...I have done that on a prior website. For the most part I just asked for postage, but I also shipped off a really nice (expensive!) suit and got $50 for that. I figured I might as well send the clothes to someone that would enjoy them! And if they didn't fit, or they didn't like them, they had to pass them on.

I also sold some nicer stuff on Craig's List.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Just do it!!!! I was also a little scared to get rid of mine and hadn't predicted how liberating it would feel to dump it all at the donation box at Goodwill. Seriously, it was the greatest high to drive away knowing that i was free from the "weight" of things that didn't fit my lifestyle or attitude any more. My only wish was that I had found someone to personally give them to, or to donate them to a women's shelter.

That's been months and several sizes ago, and I'm not looking back. Do it!!! You'll feel awesome!!!!

And, let's be real here, if you ever need a bigger size, you can go BUY it. Isn't that how you got those fat pants in the first place? :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I say get them gone! I have always been an avid thrift shopper and this has saved me money in my weight loss journey. Donate those jeans. Don't give yourself an option to go back. It took me about 2 months of shifting the "fat clothes" around in my dresser before I finally said, "Screw this". I asked my family if they wanted any of them, let them pick through and sent the rest to Good Will. Then, after seeing my dresser empty, it gave me an excuse to go back out and thrift shop. $40.00 later and I had 6 outfits that can interchange with each other. Oh yeah! And I felt sexy too. Nothing like a shameless afternoon of prancing in front of one's own mirror checking yourself out to keep you going. (Okay, maybe not an afternoon, but an hour of playing with clothes? Yes!)
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I agree -- let them go and get some pants that fit your new body -- and CELEBRATE!

And it would be really cool to have a clothing exchange on this site, since many of us have had alot of success of getting smaller!
  • Melonmorrow
    Melonmorrow Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody. The jeans r on there way to the goodwill ASAP
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I agree, GET RID OF THEM!! You should see how many garbage bags of clothing I've gotten rid of in the last year. I was a size 24 and now I'm a 10-12 and although I have barely any clothing left, I am so glad my old big clothes will get used (by someone else) I don't want to fall back on them since I never plan on getting big again.

I'm enjoying shopping for new smaller stuff (thrift shops have been a life saver for me)