My first 5k!

Options
I started to train for a 5k, and never thought I could run 3.1 miles. I did 3 miles 3 times before the race and couldn't believe it, so... my 2 goals for the race were to run the whole time, and complete it at a 10mph pace (31 minutes). I ran the whole time, even with the hills, and completed the race in 29:45!!

Replies

• Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    Fantastic! You must be so proud of yourself! :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! Great work! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • fluffy831
    fluffy831 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • terrijean04
    terrijean04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Keep it up!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congrats and great time! You weren't far off of my first 5K pace, which I've been told was pretty good...way to go!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    gd job and that was a great time u did it in:smile:
  • missyjmet
    missyjmet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    congratulations! great job!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! That must be a great feeling ! I hope to do a 5k someday ... right now im just working on getting rid of the extra fat though lol
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    Great job!!!! Your competitive juices were flowing! Keep up the good work.......running is awesome.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well done...running is such an awersome way to keep healthy! I love it!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I started to train for a 5k, and never thought I could run 3.1 miles. I did 3 miles 3 times before the race and couldn't believe it, so... my 2 goals for the race were to run the whole time, and complete it at a 10mph pace (31 minutes). I ran the whole time, even with the hills, and completed the race in 29:45!!

Great job!! Whoo hoo!!
  • rayne937
    rayne937 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • rayne937
    rayne937 Posts: 16
    Options
    You don't have to wait on the extra fat to come off! You can do it now :) It will help to get rid of the fat!
  • pinklady86
    pinklady86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow congrates, im training to do the 10K race for life nd hopng i can run it all :)
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Super congrats and I'm soo jealous! I'm not brave enough to run a 5K yet :) I got up to 2 miles/day, 2-3 days/week, but a 5K still scares me a bit :)
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Thats great, well done you...Im doing my first 5K in June for Race for Life UK (Cancer Research) and then in July I'm doing my first 10K. My aim is to run the whole way and complete the 10K in less than an hour, am slightly scared but excited at the same time!! :bigsmile: