Exercise Schedule Ideas?

Options
Okay, I need some motivation. I've been going to physical therapy for a back injury, and I think my back is finally in a good state where I can start working out again. The problem is, I haven't been active in so long that I don't know where to start. Having done a couple half marathons in the past, I feel like doing anything short of running multiple consecutive miles is not a good enough workout and then I get frustrated and give up, yet, I am so out of shape and worried about my back that I need some more gentle activities than just pounding away for miles. Anyone out there have a "beginner-style" cardio and strength training schedule or program?? I think I need to just get on some type of schedule or have some type of goal in mind, otherwise, I have no push!

Replies

• carrie_lebel
    Options
    If you are going to a physical therapist ask them what would be appropriate they know your body n Or you could get a trainer for a week or two? Either one of them would have the training to create an good safe program.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    why dont u try swimming or cycling, water aerobics:smile:
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I'd try swimming too.
  • Jwpawlowski
    Jwpawlowski Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Those are great ideas and I would love to go swimming, the only thing is that I don't really have access to a pool.