cheat day anyone????

Options
well I took a cheat day today and I came approximatley 800 calories over eeeeeeek!!!!
Does anyone else take a cheat day once a week???

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I usually do... but I'm trying to do calorie shifting now instead... which is kinda what that is like... it basically means I eat between 1200-1500 calories, never the same value twice in a row... But sometimes you just need a cheat day... I mean, I love restaurants and that kinda stuff... so if I go on a date night with the hubby, i dont record that meal until after i eat it. Just make sure you exercise a lot and you should be fine!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Highly recommend. I don't call it a cheat day though because it's part of the plan, and if I'm following the plan, then I'm not cheating, dig? I try to go 500-1000 over, but I only even bother logging those days to please my OCD data-keeping tendencies.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes, every Thursday my friend and I go to the "taco truck" for a huge steak burrito. Highlight of my eating week :)
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    today is my cheat day lol my nephew bday party! so some cake
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I feel soooo guilty afterwards its great to know I am not alone, thx!!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I did that yesterday. Was over by around 700. It was my first one since I started 10 weeks ago
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I feel soooo guilty afterwards its great to know I am not alone, thx!!

remove the guilt. it's healthier that way :smile:
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat goodie instead of a whole cheat day. I love carbs and sugars, so I'll have a jumbo cookie from the Safeway bakery once a week to keep my sanity.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I tried to have a cheat day and eat a large corned beef dinner for St. Pattys day and I am still getting over the guilt of it. I dont think I will do any more cheating on this!!!
  • katnz17
    katnz17 Posts: 45
    Options
    I allow for one a week but only take it if I feel I really need to. More often then not I end up working to try to exercise back the calories afterwards but if I can't, I try not to beat myself up for it.
  • thedogsmother
    Options
    Im still pretty much at the beginning of the diet so Im too scared to cheat in case I cant stop myself :embarassed: , I would love a nice unhealthy curry though:smile: .
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yes! I was over by 1000 something once.
    But we need to indulge!
  • smota
    smota Posts: 62
    Options
    I basically haven't cheated in 40 days (and compensated for a couple I did) and haven't lost a gram or a centimeter, so tomorrow I'll pig out like the world is about to end - yeah, ABSOLUTELY GUILT-FREE!
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have one every Saturday. Last week I spiked my day with a big meal at lunch. Got to have Wegmans pizza. I recorded all the info (their site has the breakdown of everything they make) and even though I tried to spike I still didn't go over my calories for the day. This week it was a chicken cheese steak with spinach. I even got the guy at the place to not salt the meat and not use oil on the grill to cook the chicken. He used water instead and then I had him put one provolone instead of American cheese. Added crushed red pepper and oregano and it was delicious!!

Spike days, if planned for and logged are a great thing. You may notice a "spike" in your weight a day or two after, but the body will again settle and lose more that week in a few days. It helps break up the monotony for not only your palate, but also your system. Keeps your metabolism going strong instead of bottoming out. Over time if you stay at 1200 calories (women) to 1800 calories (men) your metabolism will slow down. This keeps the body from getting close to starvation mode. I personally do it once every 7 days, but there are a lot that do it every 4-5 days.. You need to listen to your body and find what works better for you.

Disclaimer: I am by no means making any professional statement above.. Please understand that. Opinions based on reading material (Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto) and personal experience and friends suggestions on here.

Hope this helps!

Matt
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks great advice!!
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    cant we earn it back threw the week.. do longer work out and cut back a lil for one day
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i normally dont...but i found a GOOOOOOD recipe for sesame chicken at home and i made it tonight with some chicken fried rice and OMG it was sooooo goood. i havent plugged the recipe yet into my recipe book thing but yeah, i dont know if i wanna...lol..i know its going to be full of crazy calories
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm having a cheat meal as I type !! I had a nice breakfast, light lunch but tonight is pizza, chocolate covered gummies, slurpee and popcorn.

I have a higher calorie day almost every week, sometimes I'm only a bit higher and I exercize the morning I know I'm going to eat more to try and "earn" the cheat and other times I eat anything and everything and don't care, and the next day I'm back on track!

Some of my worst cheats are 2000+ calories over my daily intake.

Oh and I don't do guilt, I'm eating this way for the rest of my life, and indulging in alcoholic drinks, going to restaurants, movies, bbq's, birthday parties are all part of my life so as long as my healthy eating takes place 90% of the time I don't see myself having any issues with going on as I have been.
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My cheat day consisted of Applebee's tonight. I ate off the "Under 550" menu, and was full. Had the steak and shrimp plate. Somehow, this healthier entree makes losing weight so much more fun.