Help Please motivation lost

Options
o kso in nov i got into a car accidnet and i was no allowed to workout at all until my docotr gave me the ok. so now we are in march and i have not really worked out since but i can now as he just released me too. but in this time i have totally lost my motivation i have gained like 3 pounds errrrr....... what is something that can help me get back on track, i strated to go back to the gym but that was just 2 days ago. before i got in my accident it was the nu,bers going down on my scale that was actually motivating me and smaller photos of me ( i was 135 about 5 yrs ago) Please help me get back on track!!!!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    We can get eachother there together!!!! You can do it!!!!
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    Since you have started going back to the gym, maybe you can get motivated by setting goals. How about setting a goal of how many days you promise yourself to go work out. I know what it's like to gain weight after an injury. I have 2 blown disks and 3 protruding disks in my back but I just joined a gym for the first time about 2 weeks ago.
    I find that even though I have to talk myself into going each day, I feel so much better once I've gone.

My back is also reaping the benefits of my strength training. I try to think of my workout and food logging as "today is better than yesterday, and tomorrow will be an improvement over today!" You can do it! Baby steps are better than no steps at all! :)
  • goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    Options
    Hey MG. You can find that motivation. It is right there in those lovely pictures of you. Just think, every visit you make to the gym, every meal that you log, every day that you are under your calorie budget, bring you closer to your goal. Hang in there with me, and I will hang in there with you. We can both be healthier and happier. :D
  • thedogsmother
    Options
    Is there anyone you can arrange to go to the gym with? Ive booked my poor :wink: friends to go with me ( a different one each day) that way I feel bad about letting them down so I make myself go.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I CREATE MYSELF WITH THE CHOICES I MAKE EACH DAY

I read this wonderful quote(by oprah) earlier and it stuck with me and I revisited it when I read your post. You can do this. Set yourself mini goals that you can celebrate - going to the gym for 30 minutes today, going to the gym 3 times a week. I know how much an injury can limit you, I've spent much time in the last year unable to do a lot because of injured knees.

You can do this!