Going out to eat

Options
Going out to eat tonight with the Family. We're going to Fridays just now the question is, what shall i eat? I checked the website and it has no calories posted in there

Replies

• CourtneyHiatt
    Options
    Look it up on the database here, just type in TGI Friday's :) or, if you just Google "Friday's nutrition", you'll find something.
  • clementine66
    clementine66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Parmesan crusted chicken is 366 cals, just had it last night!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    stick to chicken or steak, try to be around 6 oz of protein that will help you feel full, make sure that they don't use oil or butter in the prep. Get steamed vegetables. You can always also get a grilled chicken salad with dressing on the side. Many restaurants will have a fat free or low calorie dressing among their offerings.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Every restaurant has to provide nutritional information if you ask for it. Have you checked to see if there is any entered in the database here from other people? I try to pre-plan, but if you can't find the nutritional info that is gonna be hard. I know at Applebee's even some of their salads had over 700 calories. I have gone out and thought I was eating something healthier and found out it was super high in calories, carbs, and fat. If all else fails, just go on a long walk after you eat. I hope you have fun.
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    I travel alot for work and eat out at least 3 or 4 nights a week and have lost at least 3.5 lbs each week, I am on a low calorie diet monitored by doctors. 3 meals are set in stone in each day with one meal prepared each day.
  • voom1396
    voom1396 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I googled after reading your post and found a this link to myfitnesspal. I don't know how current it is as I haven't been to Fridays in a long time, but it's worth a try...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/tgi-fridays
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yes, i just did a check (thanks, wth didn't i think of that?? lol) and i think the Parmesan Crusted Chicken it is. It even has very little sodium and calories... PERFECT!!! TY all!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    Every restaurant has to provide nutritional information if you ask for it. Have you checked to see if there is any entered in the database here from other people? I try to pre-plan, but if you can't find the nutritional info that is gonna be hard. I know at Applebee's even some of their salads had over 700 calories. I have gone out and thought I was eating something healthier and found out it was super high in calories, carbs, and fat. If all else fails, just go on a long walk after you eat. I hope you have fun.

Most salads do have absurd amount of calories. I always ask no cheese, no croutons, no bacon bits, the meat to be grilled and dressing on the side. At Taco Bell for example I think the highest caloric and one of the worst items on their menu is the taco salad
  • greeneyed84
    Options

Most salads do have absurd amount of calories. I always ask no cheese, no croutons, no bacon bits, the meat to be grilled and dressing on the side. At Taco Bell for example I think the highest caloric and one of the worst items on their menu is the taco salad

That's why i rather make my own Tacco Salad. I know exactly what's in it
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    Parmesan crusted chicken is 366 cals, just had it last night!

TY ,will do! It's even better than the Dragonfire chicken. I wanted to get that one at first
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    just be careful if you are watching sodium... even the lowest calorie dishes at restaurants can be well over 800 - 1200 mg sodium i've found.
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    just be careful if you are watching sodium... even the lowest calorie dishes at restaurants can be well over 800 - 1200 mg sodium i've found.

Thanks, yeah that's the 1st thing i looked for but it only has around 500 so it's all good :-)
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    FYI, MFP has the Parmesan Chicken Salad as 750 calories
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options

I have heard this but I don't think it's true, or at least it's not true everywhere. Some localities may require this, but LOTS of restaurants don't provide information.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When I went, I ate the Dragonfire chicken...it was sooo good. My son got the parmesan crusted chicken. It looked good and the mozzarella tomato salad looked awesome. But, it also came with creamy tortellini. Not sure how with that on the plate, it still says it's the calories that is says. I was weary of that.
  • Nevertolate1
    Options
    Go with baked not fried good,,, and before you eat put 1/2 in to go box
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    When I went, I ate the Dragonfire chicken...it was sooo good. My son got the parmesan crusted chicken. It looked good and the mozzarella tomato salad looked awesome. But, it also came with creamy tortellini. Not sure how with that on the plate, it still says it's the calories that is says. I was weary of that.

It really was a small portion. There were maybe 6 Tortillini so yeah, I believe it, lol. It was really good though. My husband had mashed potatoes & meat we it cheese, lokked so good.but if I thought about that his meal almost had my whole day's worth of calories I didn't even wanna try it!
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    Go with baked not fried good,,, and before you eat put 1/2 in to go box

Thanks for the tip but the meal I had was a small one. Barely got me full. But it was very good & I still have plenty of calories left
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i JUST went to friays and got the dragon chicken. it was good, but not filling for 437 cals!

i've also ha the key west shrimp and again it's goo, but not filling. that one is 275 cals.