5'5" and never been under 150....???

Options
i am almost 40 and have struggled with my weight my whole life. i've gone as high as 216 (before my first pregnancy) and then down to what i am now, 151. I have NEVER been under 150 in my adult life. I have no idea how much i will need to lose to feel and look half way decent in a bathing suit the end of June. My goal is 139 but my average weight loss has been -1 per week so if i keep that up then i will be 136 by vacation time. I sure hope so.....I'm so SICK of wearing shorts with my bathing suit and wrapping up in a towel as much as possible. I just want to enjoy the ocean with my family and feel better about how i look in my bathing suit.....UGH!!!

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    LIKEWISE !!! :smile: best of luck
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and a half, I am aiming for 144lb at the moment (it's my goal to lose 4 stone) I currently only have 3lb to go. The thing is I look fine in a swimming costume now, I can wear UK size 10 (US 6-8) jeans and I also wear a lot of my daughters clothes. BUT it's a body shape thing, what weight you are is not the be all and end all, it's what shape you are, how you carry it and what muscle mass you have, how toned you are etc etc.

I would say that what you look like in your costume is the best guide, and not what the scale says :flowerforyou:
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is by far the best place to focus on calories, both food and exercise - I have never lost weight like I have on here since January... Best of luck to you, and a friend message on the way...

regards, David
  • Uhlissuh
    Uhlissuh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I know that feeling very well. It drives me nuts that I can't ever go to a water park or go swimming without wearing a tank top and shorts over my bathing suit. That's one of my goals too - wearing a bathing suit and feeling awesome! I, too, have a vacation coming up (May) and since I'll be in Cancun, I sure hope I'll feel confident enough in a bathing suit to actually use it!

You can totally do this. You've set a realistic goal for yourself of -1 a week. Don't let yourself fall off the wagon! Keep it up! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    You're doing AWESOME!!!! I'm about your height (actually 5 feet, 4.5 inches) and when I started hitting 147, 144, I was feeling okay in a bathing suit at the beach for the first time EVER. Not exactly rockin' a bikini, but feeling normal. At that time, it was my lowest adult weight ever, too. I'm now at 133... slowly (and I do mean slowly) climbing lower, but I think a lot of people would've said at 144 I was good.

I used to have pics on my profile but took them down. Maybe I'll put one or two back up so you can see for comparison. I'll try to find one that was in the 144 ish range. (I was at that number for a loooong time).

Are you exercising in addition to eating well? Exercise should help with toning things up. :) Good luck! And, like I said first thing, you really are doing awesome!
  • Smoodysmom
    Options
    I know the feeling all too well. I got up to 175(during my pregnancy) and got down to the last 11 lbs and it has been hard to shave them off...I was stuck at 155 for
    EVER...I joined MFP abt 3 wks ago, and I must say I have lost a few lbs already....Stay with it, keep logging on to MFP and I'm sure you will be where you want to be by your vacation (if not sooner) I lost the first 4 lbs during the first week! & the encouragement that I receive from my pals on here has help out a great deal....Stay focused and don't give up...you'll reach your goal!!!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 34 and i have struggled with going up and down in weight most of my life. I am between 138-140 lbs. I am pretty happy when I see what I see in the mirror. It comes with hard work and healthy eating. Not just once and a while but 80-90% of the time. That is just the way it is pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. When you do that change will happen. Make it a lifestyle a lifetime not just for now or in the moment.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 34 and i have struggled with going up and down in weight most of my life. I am between 138-140 lbs. I am pretty happy when I see what I see in the mirror. It comes with hard work and healthy eating. Not just once and a while but 80-90% of the time. That is just the way it is pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. When you do that change will happen. Make it a lifestyle a lifetime not just for now or in the moment.

Okay, you are officially the template for what I'm aspiring to! :) You look amazing! Friend request heading your way. :)
  • sueblosinit
    Options
    Great job! I am new to all of this and I am also 5' 4" but much heavier right now. I started at 204 # in Sept. 2010. Now I am at 180# and hoping to get under 150 as I have never been there in my adult life either. You are an inspiration to people like me who are not far in the weight loss process and hoping for big results.