Equation at top tells me how many calories I still need to c

Options
I'm totally confused by the calorie count now...this is the first time I have ever counted calories. Am I not eating enough?! And pray do tell how the heck do I eat more?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public and we can better assist.
  • dinamarko
    Options
    I don't understand the calorie equation at the top either. It changes with every entry? What are net calories
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Net = Calories In (eaten) - Calories Out (burned) each day
    This is helpful when trying to make sure that you get at least a minimum of calories in per day. Usually they suggest you stay at or above 1200 calories net per day to make sure you body is properly fueled.

The "remaining calories" for each day = Goal Intake - Calorie In + Calories Burned
    Because MFP was created to allow you to lose weight without exercising, the system adds any burned calories back to your daily goal to help you stay at the appropriate calorie intake as mentioned above.

Hope this helps! :bigsmile:
    (And I hope I've explained this correctly) :tongue:
  • jcoltx
    jcoltx Posts: 14
    Options
    OK...I made my diary public. Now...I think the reason my calorie intake/net calories is so low is because MFP subtracts calories burned through exercise. I want to exercise but it seems weird having to eat a whole lot more? I eat about six times a day (three main meals) with snacks in-between...I thought this would be sufficient to keep my metabolism motoring along just fine. I am not prepared to cut back on the days I exercise as I use it to boost my mood and energy levels.

Still confused I guess! Plus I keep going over on protein and fiber really easily.