I hate water.

Options
I have the hardest time getting in 8 glasses of water. I cannot drink straight water, it upsets my stomach. I get the fruit 2o's but that can be expensive drinking 4 of those every day (2 glasses per bottle). I usually drink two glasses flavored with crystal light - but anymore than that is just to much. What things do you do to get your water goals for the day?

Replies

• qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Its not glasses its cups like a measuring cup.
    Drink with a straw
    Get a big bottle that has a straw in it I have a 32 oz bottle I now drink4 of them a day
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I try putting some lime juice or lemon juice and making sure that the water is cold.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I bribe myself with other drinks. I can't have a Pepsi or tea or juice or whatever until I've had at least a cup of water. Since I am constantly drinking something (have been that way since I was a kid, but it use to only be soda), I'm constantly having to have a cup of water before I can grab another type of drink.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    i just drank nothing but water so that i got used to it, i never used to drink water cuz i thought it was aweful but now its easy as pie to drink my water everyday :)
  • rachellepilcher
    Options
    you can count tea as water also just dont forget to add it to the "food" so you can add any cal and sugar
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    slowly I worked my way up. When I was fat I'd be lucky if I actually drank 1 actual cup of water a day (8 oz) now I drink 4-5 litres every single day!!!
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    I am like another poster on here...I started to ONLY drink water and eventually I got over my hatred of it. :-) Now I can drink a gallon a day without noticing it!

I've been a month without any soda of any type.

You can include tea, iced tea or normal brewed tea, and I know a bunch of people who account their coffee for its calories but also take it into account for their water intake.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    try "cutting" the flavored water with 1/2 plain water...eventually you get used to the "taste" of plain water (and it's cheaper too!)

I also add a little lime juice to my water.
  • cupcake18
    cupcake18 Posts: 29
    Options
    I drink alot of water now but evey once in a while i have a pibb zero or a diet soda, instant nestea is also 0 cal.. try some of them.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    Whatever you drink in place of water needs to be caffeine free and soda pop doesn't count as water. Flavor your water with a little lemon and truvia to make it like lemon aide. I fill a 32 oz. water bottle 2x's per day and get at least 8 8oz. cups of water. Sometimes I make it to 9 or 10 if I've worked out. I read some place for every caffeinated drink (cup of coffee, etc.) that you drink you should drink 1 8oz. glass of water. Caffeine is a diuretic and induces water loss/dehydration if you don't fill up with hydrating liquids.
  • jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Take a juice you like ( I use cranberry juice) and fill the glass with 1/2 water and1/2 juice. It doesn't taste too bad. Give it a try.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I ad 1-2 tablespoons of pineapple juice to my 28 oz bottle of water. I hate water some days and don't feel like drinking it, the pineapple juice is only 16 calories for 2 tablespoons AND it is natural and not something artificially sweetened. I find that pineapple juice has the best flavor IMO
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    I have a filter in the fridge. Keeps it ice cold and charcoal filtered. I pour it into a stainless steel cup with straw that keeps it chilled. I LOVE water, though. Makes me feel great! But I do not like tap water or anything less then chilled/iced!
  • sesamebutterfly
    sesamebutterfly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There are lots of good ideas here! I may have to try some of them. But to be honest, I hated drinking water too and what has worked for me is only drinking water, like a few others here have already said. I really did just get used to it, plus I like knowing that I'm keeping my body hydrated and I noticed a difference in how my body felt too. It has to be ice cold for me and I too have a 32oz container with straw that I use daily :) Good luck!!
  • maddiex_x
    maddiex_x Posts: 43
    Options
    I agree with everyone saying ice cold, it's the only way I drink my water. Just keep drinking it. You'll get used to it and you will feel the difference in your body
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    see if you can find True Lemon/Lime/Orange. It's in the grocery store with the Crystal Lite & such- but it's natural and has 0 calories.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy drinking water, so I don't mind it at all (and always get at least 12 cups in each day).

I agree with others - definitely needs to be icy/chilled. Basically, I have a half dozen liter (33.8 oz) water bottles on hand, and I keep them filled with water, and rotating into the freezer for a couple of hours to get them in a semi-frozen state (where there are ice chunks in there). Keeps the bottle ice cold while I drink it, and the bottles (approximately 4 cups each) make it super easy to keep track of how much I drink.

Typically, I will go through two bottles at work, and another bottle or more at home. I'm not a fan of lemon in water, but a lot of people really like it, and feel that it makes it a bit more palatable.