My slightly past MIDWAY point - 71lbs lost =)

Options
darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
I was just at the gym a couple of days ago and was looking into the FULL, WALL-LENGTH MIRRORS *gasp!* when I came to the realization that I wasn't making sounds like "Ugh!" or "D*mn, you're fat!* and so on....instead, I was saying things to myself like "Hey, look at you!" and "Yup, coming along there". For the first time I was able to see myself in the mirror and not be disgusted with myself and beat myself up all over again. I wouldn't go so far as to say I love the way I look yet, but I didn't hate it. This is progress. :smile:

Because of the way I felt about myself when I started this journey something like a year, year and a half ago, I never took any starting point pictures. Just couldn't bring myself to do it. I had plenty* of other pics from the previous few years to draw from already. And while none of them were of me at my highest weight ever of 345, they looked horrendous enough to me.

Not sure what size these are going to turn out to be....hope they'll be viewable.

BeforePics_DR.jpg

Fast forward to now, 3/19/2011, and I'm down 71 pounds. I still have 40-50lbs left to lose, but I'm going to get there. While my 11-yr old son was taking the following pictures today, he asked me why we were takng them. I asked him if he knew how much weight I'd lost and he said he didn't. You should've seen how big his eyes got when I told him. And bless his heart, he said, "Wow, Dad, that's great! I'm really proud of you." He also really liked the close-ups he took of my arms. He said I looked "Superhuman". :happy: And then he asked if he could start going to the gym with me to lift weights. He's really into 'guns' right now.

AfterPics_DR.jpg

I'll be back here to post pictures when I've lost the last of the weight.

Thanks for checking this out and have an awesome & healthy day!

ETA: Fixin' typos I missed. :noway:

Replies

• ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Really, really awesome DR! I love your attitude and love that you're making an impact on your son. Know what else I love? How much you encourage the rest of us. Thanks for posting these!
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    Wonderful, thanks for sharing! Awesome work!!!!!! Good luck
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    You're worked hard and you look great! Much fitter and healthier looking :bigsmile:

Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • TennisLoveGirl
    TennisLoveGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Holy you-know-what! YOU are an inspiration. Keep going - you look great! :smile:
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Awesome!!! Great job with the "guns" lol. Keep it up!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great.. you have a lot to be proud of and Im sure you'll lose the rest in no time. I bet it was the best feeling to hear your son say he was proud of you. Keep up the hard work :)
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love the "guns"! :smile:
  • kirra_80
    kirra_80 Posts: 36
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!!
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    Congratulations! You really look good. Nice to see a man on here with a success story. My husband just joined. I'm going to show him your pic to hopefully help motivate him.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    So proud of you, keep it up, can't wait to see the next round of pictures!
  • karriesue
    karriesue Posts: 19
    Options
    whoa..look at you!! Great job. You should be very proud!!!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You're lookin' great! Keep up the good work!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    What an achievement! Amazing difference DR and look at those sexy legs!!! :wink:
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    What an incredible difference! Thank you for inspiring us here to push ourselves further towards our own goals. I agree with your son about the arms! Wow!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't mind my BEFORE pictures being so small... :laugh:

But I want the skinny pics to be bigger! Kinda ironic, eh? :wink:

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg
  • lamonica500
    Options
    WOW you look awesome. Congrats!!! Keeping striving.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Wonderful job!!! And your son sounds so sweet!! What a great example you are setting for him! Congratulations!!

BTW: Your arms do look massive!!! like Popeye!! Oh and you totally rock the bald head...my brothers and father all shave their heads now...all or nothing...right?? lol
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Hey My Twin-kie!!! "Darlin' you look marvelous" Seriously, you look fantastic!! What an inspiration... so glad I've been a part of your journey! I'm really proud of you..... {{{HUGS}}} xo
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic! What a good role model for your son. Thanks for posting. :drinker:
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Wonderful job!!! And your son sounds so sweet!! What a great example you are setting for him! Congratulations!!

BTW: Your arms do look massive!!! like Popeye!! Oh and you totally rock the bald head...my brothers and father all shave their heads now...all or nothing...right?? lol

DITTO to all of the above! *hubba*hubba* LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!