cravings when i'm sick

Options
So i was just wondering ...

Most people say when they are sick they don't feel like eating, they lose their appetite. I'm the exact opposite. When I'm sick, I not only want to eat everything, but I get weird cravings like for curry and mixing cereals..

Am i the only one who becomes the worst eater ever when they are sick???

Replies

• Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    i'm the same, if i'm run down or sick all i want is chips from the chinese and satay sauce, but i dont ever want it any other time :s
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    No, you are not the only one. Feeling that we get when we are sick -- like feelings of no appetite or craving certain foods -- are actually your body telling you what it needs in order to get better. Learning to understand this is important. If you are craving meat, it means your body needs protein. Listen to what your body needs when you are sick. But if you think your body says you need to eat a cake with a bag of Doritos and cheesefries...know that this is probably just your belly.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    No, you are not the only one. Feeling that we get when we are sick -- like feelings of no appetite or craving certain foods -- are actually your body telling you what it needs in order to get better. Learning to understand this is important. If you are craving meat, it means your body needs protein. Listen to what your body needs when you are sick. But if you think your body says you need to eat a cake with a bag of Doritos and cheesefries...know that this is probably just your belly.

i totally and utterly believe you i just don't get why suddenly i want olives nad pickles.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I too am a terrible eater when I'm sick. When I get sick I seem to just not care. It really sucks!!