lost 15 pounds in 15 days now im stuck

Options
Hi I seem to be losing more inches than weight it is very frustrating though. I am under my calories every day. on a strict paleo diet , do crossfit, run , and elipitical 6 days a week. and i am stuck at the same number!!!!!!!! very disapointed . any help? thanks

Replies

• powerstrokediesel
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey january 29th. Sorry forgot to say that.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Im not an expert, but it seems like you are overdoing it. I would work out 6 days a week and do all they you do. I'd watch my simple carbs and relax a bit. Also, one day a week or two weeks, I give myself a free day to eat what i want. It always boosts my metabolism in the next week.

Good luck and be nice to yourself, its a journey not a race. : )

Also, if you're doing cardio longer than 40 minutes, you lost muscle not fat. so be careful!
  • powerstrokediesel
    Options
    thanks i know i finally crashed last thursday. I did yoga in the morning then went home and slept for 5 hours straight. I took yesterday off. Did crossfit this am. sunday is usually my rest / cheat day. thanks so much for he reply im not good at this asking for help stuff
  • CRabine
    CRabine Posts: 1
    Options
    I had the same issue. But, then my husband told me to switch up my routine. I was doing the same workout pretty much every day and that initial loss was AWESOME! And then I was stuck. Try doing interval training. When you're on the eliptical, try "running" for 1 minute, then 30 seconds of "jogging" and then keep doing that instead of going at one easy pace. The KEY is to switch up the routine...If you've been doing abs ONE way this whole time, try a different workout. Add a little more weight and an extra set or do more reps per set. Hope this helps!
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    15 lbs in 15 days seems to be a lot in a little amount of time - i would have to agree and say slow down a little bit - it's a journey yes, not a race! sometimes you have they say you have to "trick" your body and throw it off a bit. try going off track for a day or two and then start again - see what happens. best of luck
  • powerstrokediesel
    Options
    yes i switch off the running and eliptical. i do strength training before crossfit. i do the muscle confusion workout. somedays i just do running in the morning and conditioning in the afternoon. Im not complaining about losing inches im just bummed about the number not going down. I think i over did it and went into MARINE mode for 6 weeks.
  • powerstrokediesel
    Options
    thanks everyone! i didnt know there was so much support out there
  • kelseybee17
    Options
    If you're losing inches instead of weight, it means you're gaining muscle. Which is good! But definitely switch up your routine. Try something new, change you're calorie diet so it varies in the week.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Alright Marine! Take a breather! : )
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Umm, don't you want to lose inches?

By itself, why does "weight" matter? If you weighed 160lbs and were absolutely lean and fit, would you still want to weigh less? If you reached your goal weight but were 50% body fat, would you be be happy?

You should be far happier about losing inches than about losing weight. The whole point is to lose FAT, not to lose weight. Keep that in mind, don't lose perspective and become a slave to your scale.

I'll say it again just to drive it home...

The point is to LOSE FAT, not lose weight.

=)
  • powerstrokediesel
    Options
    224 to 209 is a accomplishment yes . I guess im just over reacting. ahhhhhhh this weigh loss stuff is battle!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brookelee30
    Brookelee30 Posts: 102
    Options
    What is the muscle confusion workout?
  • powerstrokediesel
    Options
    crossfit one day , running hiking the next. like a typical crossfit workout is .
    deadlift 10xs
    kettleball swing 20x
    push press 30x
    abmat sit ups 40 x
    5 rounds for time
    high intens cardio for 15 mins
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you're losing inches, that's great. If you want to start losing weight you need to change up your routine, start doing more light-weight cardio rather than strength. Muscle weights more than fat so the more strength work outs you do, the more muscle you gain.