5 weeks??

Options
I'm confused.
You know how when you're done entering your food and exercise for the day a little blip comes up saying that "if everyday were like today you would weight ________ 5 weeks from now". I don't get it. I exercise. I have never gone above my daily calorie total (I acutally have a hard time meeting it most days). And the thing always says that if everyday were like today, I would only be down EIGHT pounds in 5 weeks!?!!!??! My goal of losing13 pounds in 13 weeks sounded totally do-able to me....maybe am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Eight pounds in five weeks is considered healthy weight loss. That's what you should be shooting for....it's more attainable and maintainable. To try to lose more would mean in increased risk of gaining it back.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    13 pounds in 13 weeks is 1 pound per week. 8 pounds in 5 weeks is 1.6 pounds per week. That's more than your goal.

I'm not sure I understand your question...
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.
    You know how when you're done entering your food and exercise for the day a little blip comes up saying that "if everyday were like today you would weight ________ 5 weeks from now". I don't get it. I exercise. I have never gone above my daily calorie total (I acutally have a hard time meeting it most days). And the thing always says that if everyday were like today, I would only be down EIGHT pounds in 5 weeks!?!!!??! My goal of losing13 pounds in 13 weeks sounded totally do-able to me....maybe am I doing something wrong?

13 pounds in 13 weeks is a pound a week, if you would be down 8 lbs in 5 weeks that 3 pounds more than your goal......??????
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think from what I am reading you aren't eating all of the recommended calories that you need each day. When you don't eat those calories on a regular basis you are basically throwing your body into starvation mode and it can't reach ketosis where it needs to be so that it will burn the fat in your body.

Try eating foods with more protein and higher caloric counts while staying under your fat, etc. You will see that it will pay off in the end.
  • lizzieballs
    Options
    to be honest, I never did really break it down...I was only looking at the mid-term goal to be under 200 pounds and seeing that in 5 weeks I'll still be over kinda freaked me out. but now that I have heard it, and double checked on my calendar, I realize that I *may* have had a premature freakout over nothing :S