New to site and newly married

Options
Hello all
I am new to site... but have tried many many diets.... I have recently gotten married in Nov 2010.. and i now understand how people can gain weight when Married... I was dieting so much before the wedding I was so tired of watching what I ate... so I stopped... now I feel very unhealthy...and need a check system to start eating healthy again... Starting exercising and eating more fruits, veg, and whole gains... but want to learn how to balance food,, and have a slice of pizza and fries now and again..... Look foward to getting healthy with all of you!!!!

Replies

• Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Firstly congrats on the Wedding, how exciting and secondly WELCOME! It's a fab place to be, everyone is sooooo supportive and encouraging, they will all boost you along. Good luck with your journey, the destination is going to be great! :flowerforyou:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome. gd luck:smile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    I am new to site... but have tried many many diets.... I have recently gotten married in Nov 2010.. and i now understand how people can gain weight when Married... I was dieting so much before the wedding I was so tired of watching what I ate... so I stopped... now I feel very unhealthy...and need a check system to start eating healthy again... Starting exercising and eating more fruits, veg, and whole gains... but want to learn how to balance food,, and have a slice of pizza and fries now and again..... Look foward to getting healthy with all of you!!!!

Congrats! I just got married in October. I know how it is, I've definitely gained a lot of weight since the wedding. The bad thing is though, I had lost 50 pounds in the 2 years prior, I let 13 sneak back on before the wedding, and since then I've gained, er....too much. You'd think since I've already taken the weight off, I could easily do it again, but I'm really struggling because I want to just snap my fingers and be back to the weight I was NOW.
  • Nevertolate1
    Options
    Hello all

Congrats! I just got married in October. I know how it is, I've definitely gained a lot of weight since the wedding. The bad thing is though, I had lost 50 pounds in the 2 years prior, I let 13 sneak back on before the wedding, and since then I've gained, er....too much. You'd think since I've already taken the weight off, I could easily do it again, but I'm really struggling because I want to just snap my fingers and be back to the weight I was NOW.
  • Nevertolate1
    Options
    Ok.. .as you can see I am getting use to the tech stuff... but to newly married also... congrats on the weight loss.. I gained weight before my wedding so congrats on the weight lose good for you... don't let the current llittle gain take away from the lose........ if you focus on the gain that is what will dring you down... and eat more... don;t let that cycle happend to you... I have always had a up and down relationship with food.... don't give up it is normal to gain some weight adjusting to the married life style............ just take it a day at a time.........that is what I am tried to do.....
  • jordancristine
    Options
    congrats on the new marriage and best of luck to you in achieving your goals!
  • jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Just want to say I am pretty new to this website myself, but I am finding it very helpful. All the people on here are great supporters and offer wonderful encouragement. I hope it will be a help and blessing to you as well! Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. BTW...congrats on the new marriage! Marriage is wonderful! This June my husband and I will be celebrating 21 happy years. Best wishes! :)