question for the ladies please

Options
Okay, all this healthy eating and working out is wreaking havoc on my cycle. I am 35 and have always had a regular one. I was supposed to start over a week ago but I haven't. Not really. I have barely spotted a day here and there. This is not normal at all for me. Has this happened to any of you other ladies? Is it normal when changing diet and exercise? This drastically?

Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Replies

• MusicalMe
    MusicalMe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's definitely normal. When you put your body through rigorous exercise and radical diet changes, everything in your body shifts and changes and sometimes that includes your cycle. I know I've always had a very regular cycle and since losing weight, I now get AF every 3 to 3 1/2 weeks instead of the full 28 days...and that's with being on birth control, as well. You're not alone! If you're worried about it, though, I would definitely check with your doctor.
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That happened to me in the begining also... It was kinda scary thinking I was prego but it ended up just being a change in my eating habbits gave my system a little shock and It was not sure what was going on. I am normal again though. Give is a month or two to get on track and if it still off then go see your md. Good luck!
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out & changing my eating habits seriously, my period stalled about 3 weeks. It was scary, because even though I haven't always had them regularly--I did have them like clockwork for the past 12 months. It did finally come on, lol. :] So I do believe that changing your habits does affect your cycle (I've Googled this too...can't remember a site that confirms this!). It might shift your cycle as far as the time of month you're used to it coming, but it definitely should show up.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is completely normal. any major changes in eating/exercise/ stress can and most often will affect your cycle. Your body is producing different hormones while working out and processing things differently since you're eating differently, give your body a few months to adjust, in the mean time, if it applies be extra protective LOL :D
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm going throught this right now, and freaking out because I am getting on a plane in a week and a half and don't want to have "it" while on vacation. Frustrating!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    mine did the same except i used to be very irregular. i bought a bike about 10 years ago and started exercising regularly and my period got very regular
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, pregnancy isn't an issue for me. Unless of course God decides to play a nasty joke....lol

Thanks everyone!! I feel much better now!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If it definately normal. I went from a short cycle back to normal. It will regulate as you go along your journey!
  • Hedone
    Hedone Posts: 92
    Options
    It is normal. It has happened to me too.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Absolutely normal. I've had the opposite problem, though. Since Jan. 13th I've only been off of it for 7 days! :sad:
    The dr said that any fluctuation of about 15 lbs can throw your hormone levels off. I sure hope this ends soon. :grumble:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I know any kind of change to your body and even your mind can screw things up, though I found that once I lost a substantial amount of weight, I could set my clock by my periods, whereas before they had always been pretty irregular.
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It has happened to me in the past but your body will work itself out.. good luck to you!!!
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi:D

Honestly I start to have a more regular period when I am living healthier...I personally think that your body is adjusting. I would not worry about it unless you are in pain of any sort. Good luck to ya hun!

Heidi
  • jelezzierose
    jelezzierose Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    my body did the opposite.... i went from being extremely irregular to running like clock work...... strange.... lol
  • 2004Jessica
    2004Jessica Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this question. I am experiencing the same thing right now.Playing the waiting game. Being single pregnancy is not an option, being 31 I think it's too soon for menopause, so I figured it had to be because I've changed my habits so abruptly. My body is like a deer caught in the glare of headlights. :ohwell: I guess if I go too much longer I will talk to my doctor. For now, I will always have lady stuff with me, Just in case! :smile:
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Since Jan. 13th I've only been off of it for 7 days!

OMG! SO SORRY!! I think I would give up if that happened to me! I think hubby would say he preferred me fat too! LOL!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Since Jan. 13th I've only been off of it for 7 days!

OMG! SO SORRY!! I think I would give up if that happened to me! I think hubby would say he preferred me fat too! LOL!

My husband's sentiments exactly! :blushing:
    But I am determined! It's got to eventually work itself out, right!?!