Is anyone else using the Bodybugg?

Options
Hey yall,

Heidi here. Just wondering if anyone is using the bodybugg and what your opinions are regarding it. I am just starting to use it and I think it is a really cool concept! Any tips, advice, or opinions from anyone?
I hope everybody's weekend is going FANTASTIC!!!!

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    bump
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    what is it?
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME..... i love it. i have a post about how i count my exercise calories if you want to check that out, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196779-daily-calorie-burn-per-min-slightly-analytical-lol:flowerforyou:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Fit (same idea) and I just adore it!
    My only complaint is I hate my arms and it kinda accentuates them ... because of the strap.
    I have had significant success with it... changed my calorie goals and I try to consistantly eat 500-750 calories under what my total burn for the day was!
  • janel814
    janel814 Posts: 88
    Options
    I have one and mI like it a lot! It has really opened up my eyes about how many cals I was actually burning during the day. The website to input your food is not the greatest so I still use here to manage that but otherwise it is awesome. Did you get the watch to go along with it? If you did, I find that it really pushes me to met my daily goals. Also if you notice you are running low you can get an extra workout in to met those goals.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump? Lol
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I've been using it for about 18 weeks now. It really put into perspective how inaccurate heart rate monitors are. My old HRM would easily say I was burning 800+ calories doing stuff like Turbo Fire and Insanity. But I wasn't losing weight. The BB showed more like 400 and soon after the pounds were melting off!

It's also great to be able to show people the afterburn effect from HIIT and Interval workouts.
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my body bugg.

I feel as though the 5 weeks ive owned it i am really becoming aware of my calories in and out.

Ive been on MFP for a bit but i never could "really" know how many calories i was burning for a work out up until now.

My only advise is to still log your foods on here and then transfer them over to thew body bugg calorie intake. That way when something isnt in the body bugg system ( a lot of the foods ive eaten arnt) you can still know what to enter in.
  • fitladyfawkes
    Options
    Yes I did get the watch to go with it I just thought that in order to actually use the bodybugg you need to input the data onto the website when it gets full. Is there a way around this?
  • fitladyfawkes
    Options
    Mazomama,
    Thanks for the advice! I am totally going to try this!!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia fit (same device/manufacturer). I have had it for, oh, about 3 weeks now. It seems to produce quite accurate calorie burn data which seems to match up to empirical results. My complaint about it, and it's a big complaint, is that the bluetooth integration is flaky and the phone (android) application crashes literally every other time I use it. Customer service has been slow to respond, but they are expecting a new phone app version to deploy next week. I hope they have fixed the issues.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for about 18 weeks now. It really put into perspective how inaccurate heart rate monitors are. My old HRM would easily say I was burning 800+ calories doing stuff like Turbo Fire and Insanity. But I wasn't losing weight. The BB showed more like 400 and soon after the pounds were melting off!

It's also great to be able to show people the afterburn effect from HIIT and Interval workouts.

i LOVE being able to see the after burn effect.....the drastic drop in calories was shock :D
  • janel814
    janel814 Posts: 88
    Options
    Yes, you do not need the watch you can just have the bugg b/c that is what you plug into the computer. Having the watch allows you to track while the bugg is on your arm since you have to take it off to upload to the computer unless you use the wireless feature. I also suggest using the free coaching seesion. They don't have to give you exercise or food advise they can really show you how to get the most out of the website.
  • yolandafg
    yolandafg Posts: 6
    Options
    I tried using the HRM at first for my calorie burns when I got back into the gym, however after 2 months of that and using MFP I knew that something wasn't right. Based on the calculations and to lose 1.5lb a week MFP had me at 1200cal, a few weeks of this and I was completely drained. After speaking with a lot of users in the Bodybugg face book group I decided last month to finally just do it and its the best thing I could have done. I have only had it 4 days but imagine this I have lost 2 pounds and am eating over 1400cal a day and that's on a non-active day. I burn min of 2100 on a slow day and am only 5'4, 155lbs I am not so much on the go all the time but I don't sit still for more then 10 min at a time.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia fit (same device/manufacturer). I have had it for, oh, about 3 weeks now. It seems to produce quite accurate calorie burn data which seems to match up to empirical results. My complaint about it, and it's a big complaint, is that the bluetooth integration is flaky and the phone (android) application crashes literally every other time I use it. Customer service has been slow to respond, but they are expecting a new phone app version to deploy next week. I hope they have fixed the issues.

I have the bluetooth version aswell, but for iPhone. I don't have any trouble with it at all.... other than if I'm using the "workouts" function outside it tends to lose connection - it doesn't have any trouble keeping connected inside though.