Eating @ Outback Steakhouse

Options
Today I earned 748 extra calories so I treated myself to a night out @ Outback Steakhouse. I ordered the smallest sirloin (leanest steak next to fillet) 1 cup mash potatoes, a side salad with my dressing on the side and a diet Coke... NO BREAD. It ended up being 889 calories! holy cow!

If I hadn't earned those extra calories how would I have did better? What meal would be less calories? (keep in mind I don't like fish).

???? Your input would be greatly appreciated because we are having company this weekend and I don't think I will be able to earn that many calories through exercise to save me then.

Thanks.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Today I earned 748 extra calories so I treated myself to a night out @ Outback Steakhouse. I ordered the smallest sirloin (leanest steak next to fillet) 1 cup mash potatoes, a side salad with my dressing on the side and a diet Coke... NO BREAD. It ended up being 889 calories! holy cow!

If I hadn't earned those extra calories how would I have did better? What meal would be less calories? (keep in mind I don't like fish).

???? Your input would be greatly appreciated because we are having company this weekend and I don't think I will be able to earn that many calories through exercise to save me then.

Thanks.:flowerforyou:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Steak has a lot more calories than chicken. So that might be a better option. Also, half a cup of mashed potatoes would be better too. :smile:

My husband is the Kitchen Manager of an outback, mmmm. Although we never eat there... lol.
  • artnoren
    Options
    Go to Outback website. Click on nutrion. Click on Healthy Weight Loss. The result is everything you can eat at Outback and how to order it so that is low in calories and fat.
  • rjjarvis
    Options
    Why don't you order the filet, and instead of mashed potatoes, which tend to be full of cream and butter, order broccoli or asparagus or whatever vegetables they have, and specify that you don't want butter or oil on them. Then a side salad -- I recommend you try Newman's Own Lighten Up Asian Sesame Ginger dressing -- only 35 cals for 2 TBSP, and very tasty. Whatever you do, stay away from the bloomin' onion, which is a very tasty but astoundingly caloric treat.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I abso luv Outback! But yeah, I hafta make sure I do get in some serious exercise first! :drinker: But yeah, order a small steak, and veggies instead of those wonderful garlic mashed spuds. One thing that Ezzie does is to ask for a to go box when dinner is served! Then she'll deposit some food into the box, before she eats dinner. Good luck!
    2042521695_bd330a5bbd.jpg
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    We just went there on Sunday, and I ordered the "griller combo"...4 ounces of steak and 4 ounces of salmon (you can choose two of any of the following: steak, salmon, scallops, chicken, and there maybe something else?) It comes with whole grain rice, and I had green beans with it...and a salad...I had enough calories that I had the blue cheese chopped salad with a few alterations, but you could definitely go with a lower cal option for the salad...it was delicious and flavorful and I was completely satisfied...
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    When I need some red meat - I tend to get Victoria's Filet (the 9 oz one because DH always wants some of my food). I ask for steamed veggies (with NO butter - you have to specifically request this, otherwise they are buttered). I don't eat the salad - not crazy about their salads for some reason, so the steak and steamed broccoli hit the spot for me! I give DH about 1/3 of my meat, so that keeps me in check, and leaves room for a couple pieces of yummy bread (I gotta have me some bread!) Sometimes they have sweet potato - again ask for no butter, no brown sugar - and you have a healthy side (p.s. eat the skin too - it's good for you and full of fiber).

I also have the kids put half their food in a box before they eat too - I want them to learn while young that you should not clear your entire plate at a restaurant. But we rarely go out to eat, so they are "stuck" with Mama's homemade meals :laugh: