Flabby arms blowing in the wind

Options
hi,
I have been able to lose some of the weight I need but have noticed that my arms are now flapping in the wind. I am well aware that you cannot spot reduce, but are there exercises that I can do to minimize this flappiness? I would like to tighten my under arms so that I do not look like I am wearing puffy sleeves.

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i HAVE ALWAYS HAD THIS problem, i thought there was no way i can shrink my flab but along came 30 day shred dvd level 2 and gave me smaller arms and definition, I also run a lot and use the curves arm trimmers! they work!
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    i HAVE ALWAYS HAD THIS problem, i thought there was no way i can shrink my flab but along came 30 day shred dvd level 2 and gave me smaller arms and definition, I also run a lot and use the curves arm trimmers! they work!

I second his. Working out your arms will help reduce the flabiness and give definition to your arm.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You know, I've always had big arms, but now that I've lost almost 70 pounds, WOW, the stuff is shriveled up, wrinkly, and flapping. People tell me now that I've started weight training and with passage of time, it will improve. I hope so!!! I did not lose all this weight just to keep covering up my arms.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Look up tricep exercises... there are tons of them out there that you can do with light weights or just your body weight.
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hate every minute, but push-ups and burpees have made a huge difference for me, in addition to weight training.
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey,

The best exercise I know for this is Callanetics, by Callan Pinckney. There is one simple exercise in her warm up where you do 100 reps, look on youtube. Its on her 10 years younger dvd. If you do that everyday (it only takes about 3 minutes) then you'll be tighter in no time :)

Be warned... its a very old production and you will laugh!
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    I hate every minute, but push-ups and burpees have made a huge difference for me, in addition to weight training.

What are burpees?
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    from Wikipedia on Burpees:
    The burpee is a full body exercise used in strength training and as aerobic exercise. It is performed in five steps:

Begin in a standing position.
    Drop into a squat position with your hands on the floor in front of you.
    Kick your feet back, while simultaneously lowering yourself into a pushup
    Immediately return your feet to the squat position, while simultaneously pushing up with your arms.
    Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with your arms overhead (you may also clap your hands above your head at the peak of your jump).
  • mangojelly
    mangojelly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions. I checked out the Callenetics on YouTtube, old school for sure but I'm going to try it!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 90 lbs and have taken my arm flab from about an inch hanging to virtually non-existant. I have built muscle by lifting weights and I don't mean little 10lbs free weights. I'm up to lifting 60lbs on most of the arm weight machines at the gym. It has toned and firmed my body more than anything. Weights are an essential part of your fitness regiment. If you don't have access to weight machines, do your own form of resistance training at him, like push ups or dips.

I promise you if you stay consistent in doing it, it will go away.