Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Cups

Options
shannonshock13
shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
So i saw polar5554's post with her awesome recipe for frozen PB cups and i was inspired!

I ran (drove) to the store to get ingredients.

While i was there i was thinking of ways to modify the already super simple recipe.

I <3 chocolate so the little drizzle of syrup was not going to be enough for me so I decided to omit the syrup and make mine with:

8-10oz Fat Free Cool Whip
2-3.5 TBSP Dark Chocolate Dream Peanut butter(peanut butter & co.)

Mix well, place evenly into mini muffin pan (lined with the mini liners) and freeze for 6-8 hours

It makes 12 mini cups

The nutrition stats are: (per serving)

35 Calories
4 carb
1 protein
2 fat
2 sugar
8 sodium

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Where oh where can I get this peanut butter? It sounds like heaven!
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    NEED!!!!!
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    I found it at King Sooper

if you have a Kroger you should be able to find it there. If not im assuming that any basic grocery store should have it :)

check Whole foods too!
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    :love: bump
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I would happily live the rest of my life on these little drips of heaven. My last hardcore binge, I ate 2 full bags of the dark reeses. It got ugly. After about 50 of them, they only tasted like the 3rd or 4th best thing I've ever put in my mouth, instead of the very best thing ever.

sigh

I miss you sugar and sweets.
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    Sounds delish!
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I found the Dark Chocolate Dream Peanut butter(peanut butter & co.) at my walmart.
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    I also just though of substituting the cool whip with fat free Fage greek yogurt (8oz)

it will still have the same calories but you gain 2 grams of protein

and maybe adding in a scoop of protein powder would make this a good protein filled treat :)
  • sax321
    sax321 Posts: 26
    Options
    That truly does sound awesome!! Thanks for sharing your changes to the recipe!! I've come to learn that we shouldn't deny ourselves the things we love -- just eat them in moderation or adjust the ingredients to make them healthier. Well done!!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    That truly does sound awesome!! Thanks for sharing your changes to the recipe!! I've come to learn that we shouldn't deny ourselves the things we love -- just eat them in moderation or adjust the ingredients to make them healthier. Well done!!

It is SO easy to find healthy substitutions if we are willing to think outside the box and open up our minds a bit. I wrote a blog about it a couple of weeks ago.

I just made a wicked good flourless chocolate cake...with garbonzo beans. Crazy!! Still a bit calorie and sugar heavy (I'll work on reducing the sugar next time), but I'm a runner, and it has the perfect ratio of carbs and protein for me.
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    bump
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    Glad you all like it!
  • lunderwood06
    Options
    bump!
  • irishbelle345
    Options
    that is my second favorite peanut butter ( i have bought it at Wal-mart )
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I also just though of substituting the cool whip with fat free Fage greek yogurt (8oz)

it will still have the same calories but you gain 2 grams of protein

and maybe adding in a scoop of protein powder would make this a good protein filled treat :)

oooh - thanks for that idea- here in Belgium we do not have Cool Whip (fat free or regular or any kind) it is a real pet peeve of mine - I will try the greek yogurt substitute idea though I can get fage fat free easily
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    I finally found the chocolate dream peanut butter at wal mart over the weekend...tried it last night....OMG so GOOD! I just want to sit and eat the whole jar!
  • HDurow1018
    HDurow1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I <3 chocolate and peanut butter and have been dying to try that stuff! Thanks for the recipe :)
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the "shout out"....

Your modification sounds REALLY good!!

I will be stopping at Walmart for ingredients!!