New wardrobe question For the successes out there!

Options
2»

Replies

• dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today I went to Value Village (second hand store) and bought a new pair of jeans. They have a great selection and the prices are less than half what you would pay for new jeans. I paid $7.99 and they were jeans which are in great shape and in style. I also picked up 3 tee's at target for $7 each.

I figure in another month or so, I might need new stuff so I don't go overboard. But you should totally get a few things. You're working hard to look great. No sense walking around in baggy clothes where nobody can see how great you look.
  • Codygirlslim
    Options
    For the summer...it's all about stretchy t-shirts and drawstring capri's...this way they adjust with me, and when the t-shirt gets a bit baggy...it's okay for awhile. Now, for nice clothes...I BORROW them! lol or try to inherit from anyone giving it away. lol
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Every milestone that I'm proud of, or each time I put on a pair of pants that is going to fall off, I go to some place like Ross or TJ maxx, where I can get decent new clothes that fit and allow me to show off the lbs I've lost without the hefty price tag! Then I do shopping at 2nd hand stores, as mentioned, for things like workout wear, and around the house clothes.

Also, I try to buy clothes with "room to lose". Tank tops that are tight when I buy them work as a layering piece for shirts that are too lose, or show too much cleavage. Then as I lose weight, they can be worn on their own. Same for workout pants... Drawstrings on pants that need a long shirt in the beginning cuz they run a little tight can be worn into bagginess if they have a drawstring!

Lots of great advice on here, already. There's my 2 cents! And congrats on the fact that you need new clothes!
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    I just shop at kohls they are cheap enough where I'm not putting out a 2nd mortgage lol
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    How about ebay?

Ive been buying bundles of clothes in the next sizes down for me for cheap! But i do also treat myself to some nice clothes from various shops online. They are my reward for dropping a size. So far ive dropped 3 clothes sizes in quite a short amount of time but i think that its gonna take longer now to lose some more so i have a quite a lot of clothes in my current size.
  • bakerp90x
    bakerp90x Posts: 17
    Options
    I've been taking clothes in to be altered. That way, I don't necessarily have to buy new clothes, and when the clothes are tailored, they are so much more flattering to your figure.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    ebay has kept me going! lol! i bought a couple of jeans some tops and belts are the handiest thing since sliced bread!
    I have started buying things in my size now as i dont want to drop down another size, quite happy with my size now
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!