Tornado Watch Workout!

Options
I just had to cancel one of my boot camps because of a tornado watch....I figured that I would share the short workout that I sent to my clients as homework.....Enjoy!

Tornado Watch Workout

Warm up with 5 minutes of dancing, jumping rope, stairs or jogging in place.

Circuit #1

Do all 3 movements back to back and as fast as you can. Rest for 1 minute and then repeat. Do this circuit 3 times and then move on to circuit #2.

20 push ups
20 reverse crunches
20 jumping jacks

Circuit #2

Do all 3 movements back to back and as fast as you can. Rest for 1 minute and then repeat. Do this circuit 3 times.

20 lunges (count them as doubles...left/right = 1, left/right = 2, left/right = 3 and so on...)
20 sit ups
20 mountain climbers (count them as singles....Left = 1, right = 2, left = 3 and so on...)

Finisher

End the workout with 10 minutes of jumping rope. If you do not have a rope you can still do the same motion with an "imaginary rope" and it will work the same.

Ready...set...........GO!

Replies

• rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I will try this as soon as I get over this flu. Thanks for sharing :)
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    Oh this is handy. I never really know how to combine stuff to make up a good workout - thanks for sharing!

Also do try to not get blown away!
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    I just had to cancel one of my boot camps because of a tornado watch....I figured that I would share the short workout that I sent to my clients as homework.....Enjoy!

Tornado Watch Workout

Circuit #1

Do all 3 movements back to back and as fast as you can. Rest for 1 minute and then repeat. Do this circuit 3 times and then move on to circuit #2.

20 push ups
    20 reverse crunches
    20 jumping jacks

Circuit #2

Do all 3 movements back to back and as fast as you can. Rest for 1 minute and then repeat. Do this circuit 3 times.

20 lunges (count them as doubles...left/right = 1, left/right = 2, left/right = 3 and so on...)
    20 sit ups
    20 mountain climbers (count them as singles....Left = 1, right = 2, left = 3 and so on...)

Finisher

End the workout with 10 minutes of jumping rope. If you do not have a rope you can still do the same motion with an "imaginary rope" and it will work the same.

How would you log this without a heart rate monitor?
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    Hello Chicalatte! I typically have my clients log our workouts under "circuit training" or "calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort"....they will both give you the same number...

Enjoy!
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!
  • chicalatte
    Options
    Hello Chicalatte! I typically have my clients log our workouts under "circuit training" or "calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort"....they will both give you the same number...

Enjoy!

For about how long?
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

For about how long?

How ever long it took you to do the circuits..
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    Yup...enter the time that it takes you to complete everything! It will vary from person to person.
  • chicalatte
    Options

Tornado Watch Workout

Circuit #1

20 push ups
    20 reverse crunches
    20 jumping jacks

Circuit #2

20 sit ups

Finisher

I can't do the 10 min of jump rope but this is a great exercise~ =)
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    No worries Chicalatte.....you can always substitute the jump rope for a low impact exercise or something that will work for you.....Just be sure to pick something that will get your heart rate up....for example, you can start in the standing position and they lay completely flat on the floor (on your stomach)....once you get all the way down just get back up as fast as you can....repeat for 10 minutes....