eating at night

Options
My GF and I have been going to the gym for about 3 going on 4 week and it has been great. I lost 11.6 pounds already and she lost around 4. We always go at night (11 pm to 1 pm) for about a hour and 20 minutes. Once done we are usually hungry so we get something to eat. I would like to know if eating this late hurting us from losing more pounds?

Replies

• crazymgpilot
    crazymgpilot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. If you're keeping at or around your NET daily calories, it doesn't matter too much that you're eating at night. After all your body needs the calories and won't store them as fat if you're burning them at the gym. I tend to eat late too when I've had a late afternoon evening gym workout, as long as i don't go over my net calories for the day, it doesn't store up! The key is staying on top of your calories in versus calories out.
  • technojor
    technojor Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks, that is one of the reasons why we eat after the work out. We are always under before going to the gym. its that nothing good to eat is open late. After the gym we have a net of around 500 cal so we must eat something to make it up.
  • crazymgpilot
    crazymgpilot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've had the same thing happen and that's why I eat my workout calories, or at least a lot of them back, One thing to try though is instead of eating out at restaurants that don't serve good food late, either make or purchase somehting healthier earlier in the day to just eat when you get home, that way you're eating healthier food after the workout and you won't feel like you wasted the workout! Good job on the weight loss so far though. keep it up!
  • technojor
    technojor Posts: 10
    Options
    I could try that, my day is just busy so I carry my gym bag to school then work, then finally to the gym. But I am sure if I look hard enough I could find something that doesn't have to be in the fridge that I can buy and carry around.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I think I eat 60% of my calories in the evening. Yes, people will moan and say that's wrong, blah blah blah but I don't care, it works for me. I eat breakfast, then lunch, a snack when my kids eat at 5pm and then my dinner and snacks after 8pm. It has never hurt my weight loss.