Need some encouragement!

Options
Lately I've been really stressed out, and I just eat when that happens! I crave snack foods and sweets! I've been trying to watch what I eat, but lately I can't help but just help myself to more than I should have. I know I shouldn't stress-eat, but it's a hard habit to break.

Replies

• ashmo1785
    ashmo1785 Posts: 117
    Options
    I do this sometimes too or eat when i'm bored try to go for water first or maybe fruit. I know its not the same as snack food but you'll feel much better for it and it may just cure your sweet craving
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Stress exercise! I am my own worse enemy in buying things that I should not have in the house so if I can stop myself in the store it helps me overall
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Go run!! Get in a nice hard workout!! I was feeling really irritated and stressed out, I ended up burning an extra 200 calories than my normal, and all I wanted after was a shower and a goodnight!
  • rohediet
    rohediet Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the idea to "stress exercise." Sometimes a cup of tea helps me. Another thing might be to keep some healthy snack options on hand- celery sticks, air popped popcorn, blueberries... Good look!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    If you're a stress eater and just need something to satisfy that sweet tooth...try frozen red grapes if you like grapes. They last a lot longer than if they're just in the fridge, still maintain all of their nutritional value, a whole cup is only about 100 calories, and they taste like candy!
  • crazymgpilot
    crazymgpilot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've found keeping MFP open on my computer all the time is a serious snack deterrent. Because I'll be sitting there bored, wanting to snack and i look and realize...I don't want to log anything into my food log, so I'll opt for water or a diet coke to take the edge and then if I still crave a snack, I'll eat something like almonds or a 70 calorie pack of Beef Jerky. That seems to work every time. For me the trick has really been being accountable to log everything. I've suddenly stopped eating candy like I used to because I don't want the calories on my food log@!
  • tobeinshapeagain
    Options
    If you're a stress eater and just need something to satisfy that sweet tooth...try frozen red grapes if you like grapes. They last a lot longer than if they're just in the fridge, still maintain all of their nutritional value, a whole cup is only about 100 calories, and they taste like candy!

What a great idea!
    That would satisfy my craving for something really cold (I used to eat lots of ice cream).
    Thanks!
  • PennyRiha
    PennyRiha Posts: 15
    Options
    Think of very cute little shorts you will be able to wear that will take your mind off food!!!
  • jrm29
    jrm29 Posts: 39
    Options
    It can definitely be tough, but a few words of motivation go a long way. Don't be too hard on yourself and try to start every day fresh. I'm a full-time college student too, and it can definitely help to connect with people who understand the difficulties that college life can bring to weight loss goals! I'll send you a friend request :)