Hi:-) New to the Site and Looking for some Friends

Options
Hi There,

My name is Lily. I'm from Southern California (Los Angeles). I'm 30 years old. I just joined the site this past week, and I love it so far since I have a very busy on the go life and I can log in from my mobile phone all the time...I have 38 pounds to lose, and I would love to have some friends to support me on this journey...

I'm great with shopping for healthy foods, and I'm lucky enough to have a very supportive boyfriend that I live with:-) I think the hardest part for me right now is getting on a consistent workout schedule (also because my schedule is so jammed)...and also, I don't want to go at it alone, so I would love some friends to be able to lend support along the way.

Lily

Replies

• ukq727
    ukq727 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well I am deffinitly here for you, heck we all are! One thing that helps me keep up with gettting a workout everyday is that I have an elliptical, Wii Fit board and plenty of cardio games (including Zumba) and weights. Here's to loosing weight.
  • Skinnieminnie128
    Skinnieminnie128 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I am actually thinking I should start DVD workouts...since that would be more convenient...
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Yeah this site is awesome, good luck with your journey and I am happy to support you!! :)
  • joip
    joip Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have about 30 lbs to lose. hoping to lose at least 5 lbs by Easter.
  • ukq727
    ukq727 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    DVD workouts are good to if you can stay motivated to do them. They are much like online classes in that it takes alot of discipline to pop them in and complete the workout when we can always find 50 other things to do (basically excuses) to not work out. I have been guilty of this myself. I have the Insanity Workout on DVD cost me over 150.00 ask me how many times I have used it..how about once. I do better walking, using the elliptical and even playing the Wii with my kids.
  • Skinnieminnie128
    Skinnieminnie128 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the whole online classes analogy...I'm making it a goal to gym at least 3 days per week, then from there if I need to add, I will get those DVDs in...I just have to get there my three days that I have to go!

Thanks everyone for your support and replies...I sent you a friend request, it will say it is from "Lillian" (my full name)...

Lily
  • nikki1812
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing this for almost a week now and I find it far eaiser than other diets!

CW 220 (15st 10lb)
    GW 210 (15st) by 6th May 2011

I have a little black dress that I need to get back into by then for a family party!! I will carry on after that date but I am hoping that I will achieve it!

Is there anyone from the UK on here?
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    im from the uk :).......as for exercise i was told never to let your body get use to the same exercise routine so if possible make sure u alternate ur workouts