Feeling The Cold

Options
Hi,

I'm pretty new, been here 12 days, just wanted to ask some thing, is anyone else experiencing feeling so cold with weight loss, or is it just this horrible British weather lol, seriously Ive been dithering for about 3 days and i can not get warm :(

Sarah:flowerforyou:

Replies

• scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    This is me. I'm having the hardest time with the end of the German winter. I am cold most of the time and have taken to wearing lots of socks and sweaters over my normal clothes at home. But yeah I think it's normal.
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yea same here, always cold, just think, you have less fat to keep you warm and your blood pressure has probably been lowered by your new healthy diet. atleast That's what i figured.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I am soooo cold at the slightest hint of a chill. We had our coolest day here in Adelaide this summer - 23 degrees. My fingers went numb when it hit 14 degrees in the evening. MADNESS.
  • Ginalilly
    Options
    My sister would never be cold in the winter months... she then went on a diet and lost 30 kilos.... she now complains she's cold most of the time!! I guess the extra weight acts like an insulator.
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm so cold all the time too! And I live in South Carolina, so the winters are considered warm! My neighbors were laughing at me seeing me bundled up in a sweater and jacket when I went out to get the mail and they have on t shirts! I'm so glad I'm not losing my mind..I thought it might have to do with the weight loss also.Too bad shivering doesn't burn more calories, lol. I never thought about the blood pressure drop, good point! My pressure was low even before the loss. I thought perhaps my thyroid meds were off thus I was colder. Luckily things in the south are warming up, 80 glorious degrees yesterday:)
  • salad37
    salad37 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yeah i agree i get colder now ive lost the weight, my boyf sits there sweating while i got the heating on cuddled up to him to keep warm, but id rather put on a jumper then be carrying the extra weight i had x
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes it is totally normal to be more colder after or during your weightloss. I get colder and my hubby a few years back lost 65lbs and he's been freezing ever since...lol. My doctor even warned me that I may start feeling cold because you're losing all the insulation that fat provides. That's why we're so warm when we're heavy. So no worries, it's normal. Just have to dress warmer..lol. Good luck!! :0)
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I live here in Michigan and the weather is finally looking up,, today is a bit chilly,, i will walk again later,, my little Chihuahua prolly doesn't really want to though :ohwell:
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) i think id rather have a extra jumper than extra weight 2 :)

Sarah:flowerforyou: