a bit mingin ....

Options
hey every this is a bit of a mingin subject , but does any1 find that after weeks of being healthy if you have a one off of eating junk that you become constipated and bloated couple days after? xx

Replies

• RainyAM
    RainyAM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi - I find it goes the other way .... sloppy and smelly!! Sorry if that makes you feel a bit eugh ...
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    lol ! yeah and I feel really tired and puffy!! Are you from the UK ...only say that cause mingin is quite an english word never heard it said by a person from the US before but hey!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of people report that they do, yes. I think it's because many people get very excited about limiting fats, which leads them to suddenly start eating lots of processed carbs, which will definitely block you up.

It probably comes down to what you're eating. Are you getting enough fiber? MFP has the fiber goal set ridiculously low, so aim for 25-30 grams of fiber per day. Drink enough water.

And activity helps to get the bowels moving too.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    LOL no but I get incredible heartburn and what feels like fat depositing in my back fat rolls...it's just an awful sluggish feeling.Not very nice at all.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    hey every this is a bit of a mingin subject , but does any1 find that after weeks of being healthy if you have a one off of eating junk that you become constipated and bloated couple days after? xx

Yes. I went out to eat last Friday. Filet with blue cheese, salad with blue cheese, baked potato, 2 drinks, bread. Then I ate a 1/2 pint of ice cream on Saturday. All of that didn't bother. But when we ate Taco Bell on Monday (fast food). My weight jumped up 3 lbs over night and my entire GI Tract has been messed up all week. (I also started heavy weight lifting this week. That could've caused a jump). I finally got to see a 1/2 drop this morning.

Your body is used to healthy food and then all of a sudden you eat some "crap" and your body says "NO WAY. I DON'T WANT THIS ANYMORE". One advantage is you learn what you can and can't eat.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yup, this happens to me. I ate some, alright, too much cheese yesterday and I feel like a hot air balloon today! Yikes, it'll be a day or reading in the "library" for me!
  • janski2
    janski2 Posts: 70
    Options
    lol ! yeah and I feel really tired and puffy!! Are you from the UK ...only say that cause mingin is quite an english word never heard it said by a person from the US before but hey!!
  • janski2
    janski2 Posts: 70
    Options
    I feel miserable, and yes I thought she had misspelled something. Never heard of that word.
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    yes! my tummy puffs up like I am pregnant- not good :laugh: