MFP Newbie...

Options
Hi All...
Joined this site on a recommendation from someone else and I'm loving it... I love how you can track EVERYTHING you do and eat and not feel bad for having that snack that you want.. (and still be within your calories)

The only thing is.. I've been on this diet for 2 weeks (but only tracked 1 week on MFP) and lost 6lbs.. now under normal circumstances I'd be elated to have lost so much in so little time but I feel so deflated.. and here's why.. I've cut out bread totally as bread was my enemy, I've cut out crisps, junk food even nice cereal.. lol and am eating a cuppa-soup for lunch and a evening dinner or whatever I fancy (within reason) of a medium portion and having nothing after it.
I'm also doing the wii game Biggest loser each evening of around 30-45 mins and I can't understand why I am only losing on average 3lbs a week... am I doing something wrong? Have I cut out far too much? Is my body going into "Starvation mode"??? I don't want to start eating bread again as it's all or nothing with me but I could up some calories...
Any advice would be brilliant... Thank you :smile:

Replies

• Xav8tor
    Xav8tor Posts: 23
    Options
    A "healthy" loss rate, is usually considered 2 lbs/ week, on "average". If you loose 1 lb this week, 2 next week, and six the following, you are "averaging" 3 lbs,/ week, over a three week period. The longer you maintain the "healthy" lifestyle of eating and exercise, the longer the period of time for computing your "average per week". You will find, that you will have "plateau" weeks, where you do everything right, and lose nothing, perhaps even "gain" a bit. Focus on the daily goals, let the weekly, and longer term goals, take care of themselves. Daily goal, is in your control..............longer goals are built into the plan.
  • 1aggie
    1aggie Posts: 7
    Options
    :happy: hi
    congratulations on losing 6lbs. it sounds like you've worked really hard.
    i've spent over half my life trying to lose weight, and one of the things i've now learnt is that to a certain extent it's easier to lose weight than it is to keep it off. the way you lose weight has a lot to do with that. in order to lose weight you shouldn't think that you have to punish yourself, it's mainly about making choices that you can live with but still remembering to enjoy what you do and eat whilst you're trying to lose weight. the main thing you have to remeber is that you need to eat food that you enjoy, but will also give you enough nutrition and energy so you can excercise effectively. you need to make sure that you're also eating enough calories daily, because if you don't it may get harder for you to lose weight in the long run.
    don't beat yourself up about how you are doing. you sound like you're really motivated to suceed, so you're halfway there.
    good luck:happy:
  • phattygerl
    Options
    Thank you both for your comments... food for thought... :glasses:
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP been here a little over a week and absolutely love it. I think you are doing a great job its recommended that a healthy weightloss is 1-2 pounds a week and ive read that if you lose weight to quickly you are more likely to put the weight back on