New and not loosing but gaining!!?

rhirhi11
rhirhi11 Posts: 4
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi i'm new to the site!

For some reason i have been on this for a month and gained weight!! how is this possible!?
I am restricting to 1200 a day most days and never that much over and i eat my exercise cals....i exercise at least 3 times a week and the gym and walk most day 30 mins at least....

i'm5'6 and started at 56kg wanting to get to 53kg.....however now i'm 58!!?

Any advice or help please?

Thanks Rhi

Replies

• kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    you are only 56kg and wanting to get to 53kg....you are already a lightweight and 3 kg is not much you need to lose...so close to your goalweight...i think all your gym work is actually building up your muscle tissue..muscle weighs more than fatty tissue they say...so that may be the reason for your weight gain. anyhow....good luck with your weight loss plans
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    check your measurements. you may have gained muscle instead of fat. remember muscle is going to weight more than fat.
  • caprica
    caprica Posts: 80 Member
    there are three variables on your diet - quantity, quality and accuracy.

The last 2 often cause problems.

Quality: Make sure you are eating good quality food (you know the natural stuff - not "diet" food) and get good quality exercise (you know the kind where you really sweat)

Accuracy: Weigh your food and never trust the exercise calories from MFP
  • It has already been said, but if your diet is right, you may need to look at your gym habits. If you've never lifted weights before, you will gain muscle mass in a relatively short amount of time, no matter how you lift. You may want to consider toning your muscles when you lift, by doing lighter weights for more reps in a set (10-15 reps). Increasing the intensity of your cardio may help too.

The only other thing I can think of is to be consistent in how you weigh yourself. I know I fluctuate as much as 8 lbs in the course of a day (at least I have in the past). Ideally, just weigh yourself in the morning after you've taken care of business, and before you eat or drink anything. At your calorie intake, you should be seeing results, it will just be a matter of time.
This discussion has been closed.