Ugh...freaking plateaus

Options
I've been plateaued for three weeks now & am totally frustrated. I'm exercising 5 to 6 times a week and generally eating well. Plateauing is normal for me...my body fights every effort I make to improve, too bad I can't just buy an upgrade!

I think I need either A. Plastic surgery or B. A good, hard web slap to get me out of my slump. Gee, I wonder which is more likely?! :bigsmile:

So let's hear it MFP...show me the tough love!

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    consider yourself 'web slapped' !!

:laugh:
  • mcmcat13
    mcmcat13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You got this! I, too, have been at a plateau for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I even saw a 1lb gain! I have been eating and exercising regularly as well. I got on the scales this morning and I finally had lost a pound....finally...but that is probably a natural fluctuation....

Anyway, I just ordered the Shakeology 3-day cleanse and I am hoping that it breaks my plateau and jump starts my weight loss!

Good luck! :)
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It's hard to give valuable advice w/o seeing how your diary.

I can say, however, that I love the boots you're wearing in you profile pic! :)
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Thanks!

It's really more about my feeling like giving up than needing nutrition or exercise advice, I'm thinking. I mean, it's like I get in a plateau and think"ugh, what's the point?" you know that kind of feeling?
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, but you know damn well you're not going to give up! What's the alternative? Gain weight and be pissed at yourself? I don't know you well yet, but I can tell you're not a quitter. I know you aren't looking for advice but....why don't you take a short break (and I mean short) from your regular routine. I don't mean pig out for 5 days in a row, but maybe just relax the rules a bit. And change your exercise routine. There are a billion options out there on Google. Find something that sounds fun to you.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Thanks!

It's really more about my feeling like giving up than needing nutrition or exercise advice, I'm thinking. I mean, it's like I get in a plateau and think"ugh, what's the point?" you know that kind of feeling?

I hear ya. As far as "What's the point?" The point is that this is a lifestyle change, and not a diet (hopefully). The weight may come off slowly, but if you give it time, it will come off! This is merely the beginning of a healthy lifestyle, so you've got plenty of time for the lbs to come off!

Keep up the good fight!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    **cringe & timidly says** Why don't you cut out alcohol for one week? Maybe that'll be enough to stir things up.

Or see-saw calories. I don't know. Just change something for a week and see what happens. Confuse your body!

LOVE YOU, SUN ! :smooched:
  • seeingthelight4444
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I also plateau on a regular basis and what usually works for is to change up my routine. I throw in a couple of high calorie days and change up my exercise routine. I sometimes even take a week off exercise and lower my calories to jump start myself.
  • ssb2nf
    ssb2nf Posts: 4
    Options
    my boyfriend's mom has a personal trainer, and after she plateau'd her trainer told her to eat an additional meal per day (spread out the calories even more and now 6 "meals" instead of 5), add an additional serving of fruit to your diet, and eat an additional 100-200 calories (she had been eating 1200 per day, now 1400).

when you plateau, you don't seem to feel hungry anymore, and usually when you feel hunger, your metabolism is working. after changing her routine up, she started shedding pounds like crazy (3 within the first week). also, she normally works out 3-4 times a week, and that didn't change.

all i can say is try switching up your routine, and when you start feeling hungry all the time you will know it's gonna work!

and also drink lots of water! always keep a bottle in your car, at work, next to you at home....sip, sip, sip!