gluten free diet??

Options
i have an autistic 3 year old and ive done research and sometimes a gluten free diet is actually pretty good for him.but ive never noticed how much food has gluten.if i put him on this diet i will go on it with him.but can anyone give me an idea of a day of food would be like on a gluten free diet?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I am gluten free....

It takes a while to get used to, and it's hard for kids because every single birthday party they attend most likely will not be gluten free (bring own gf cupcakes and gf cookies for him!)

Lots of info on the website - even Wal-Mart is carrying gluten free foods. Best of luck - it's not easy, but it will become easy, I promise.
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You would have to look at the labels on food items that says Gluten free on the front of the packages for some foods. I've just decided to try a gluten free diet. I had to go to the health food section of Kroger and purchase those items. I've also attached a link with ideas.

http://www.gicare.com/diets/gluten-free.aspx

I hope it helps!

Sharon
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am gluten sensitve and it is very very hard! You have to look at the labels of everything and eating out means mainly eating grilled/baked chicken and veggies. But it can be done!
  • rbrashe
    rbrashe Posts: 3
    Options
    One of my brothers has Aspergers syndrome and a gluten free diet has worked awesome for him, we really see a change when he sticks to it. Just recently I had to give him a big-sister talk just lately to let him know that it may not seem the most matcho but he has to stick to it. The problem with gluten free is that a lot of foods are nasty! Here are some ideas potatoe with almond cheese and a gluten free chillie, Natures path gluten free crispy rice, it's whole grain and it tastes like rice crispies. Also, you could make a meatloaf with gluten free oats as an ingrediant. Hope this helps some. Good luck.