Best time to weigh in?

Options
I'm just wondering, when do you think the best time is to weigh yourself? Morning, night, before/after a workout?

I was thinking in the morning right after you get out of bed, after a shower and before breakfast. But I have really long hair and when it's wet, it weighs me down alot, and I don't want anything to possibly impact the reading... so I was just curious as to some suggestions on when to weigh yourself to get the best results?

Replies

• abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself when i get out of bed before I do anything. Besides I see the lowest weight of the day then =)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    About 30 minutes after waking up, no clothes, before shower or food but after a bathroom break (if you know what I mean)! :tongue:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i weigh in as soon as i get up and after i've used the bathroom.
  • krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I walk by the scale at the gym:laugh: ... usually early afternoon for me, and i just make sure I'm wearing pretty much the same thing every time!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I record my lowest weight first thing in a.m. If you weigh before you shower, eat but after you've used the facilities you will find your consistently lowest weight of the day.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    About 30 minutes after waking up, no clothes, before shower or food but after a bathroom break (if you know what I mean)! :tongue:

Yep, that's the best time.
  • magenta4c
    magenta4c Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    in the morning after washroom visit :-)
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    Definately morning. During the night, while you sleep, your body loses an average of two pounds! It works to recharge your vital prgans and repair them during rest. I always weigh first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom (potty) and without any clothes on. GL!
  • ssb2nf
    ssb2nf Posts: 4
    Options
    ditto...first thing in the morning after using the restroom.
  • kerryannediet
    kerryannediet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself when i get out of bed before I do anything. Besides I see the lowest weight of the day then =)

im the same!
  • wanda1956
    wanda1956 Posts: 110
    Options
    As soon as you go potty n the morning when you get up.
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone's comments - first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom. I have been also been reading that using the scale everyday can be frustrating and that it should be limited to once a week if not more. I myself cannot seem to go without weighing myself daily - or even when I just pass by the scale I feel the need to "just see if anything happened". It is actually mentally cruelty so try to weigh yourself less often if at all possible.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

LOL. This is what I do to!:happy:
  • romanhokie
    romanhokie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Morning, after I drop some weight naturally and before I get in the shower. The shower adds weight for some reason - absorbtion of about a pound of water into my skin? I don't know.

Actually, I hit the scales all day long.
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning as well here. I believe a few months ago Dr. Oz had on his show that 6:30 am is the best time to get weighed.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one here, but I weigh myself after work when I change out of my work clothes and into my sweats. I figure as long as I weigh at the same time every day, it's all good. But I will not weigh myself on a day when I haven't, um, NATURALLY dropped some weight. LOL!!
  • april_denise
    april_denise Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you all for the replies! =]

I weighed myself this morning after my shower, before breakfast and after a trip to the bathroom, so I'll make a note to step on the scale before the shower next time.