favorite workout?

Options
Hi everyone, I was just curious as to what everyone's favorite exercise was, and how well it works you? i'm looking to add some new exercises to my routine and I wanted to see what will be fun and burn those calories! thanks!

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I love anything by Jillian Michaels, but I think that the 30 day shred is my all time favourite!
  • tremendacooke
    tremendacooke Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im doing P90X classic and in between use my elliptical
  • doorbouchard
    Options
    my favorite workout is the just dance 2 on the wii... i just love it...
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Running is my thing!!!! I don't feel like I get a good workout with a good run :flowerforyou:
  • evicky
    evicky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Chris Freyberg's 10 lb slim down and it is incredible! I like her workouts because they're 20 minutes each, and the schedule works with my schedule. On top of that, I'm not bored. I wake up looking forward to doing the workouts...

Good luck!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Strength training-LOVE IT. Would give up cardio, but I know how good that is for me. I love my boot camp workouts. It is endurance strength training with bouts of anaerobic cardio throughout-amazing!!
  • jasonmunderwood
    jasonmunderwood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it's hard to beat running (900 calories/hr!), especially outside, and the good old-fashioned stairmaster (600 calories/hr on .75 of max). I never thought I would enjoy running, but I eased myself into it using the beginner program at runnersworld.com and have been running ever since (5 years). My wife recently forced me through a spin workout (not in a class, on our own on a spin bike at the gym).....I have to admit, I was a doubter, this was a tough workout.
  • DeterminedJenK
    DeterminedJenK Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bike riding outside on a good bike and it burns alot of calories as well!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    zumba - so much fun!
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    p90x & intervals on elliptical. :) great workouts!
  • miss_mahoney
    Options
    ZUMBA is definately my favourite work out!! Its so much fun that you don't even realise you're working out til you are finished and have worked up a serious sweat. It's available at most places now but if I can't get to the classes I will do the easy 10minute work out that are posted on youtube before my meals and it doesn't even feel like i've done 30mins of excerise for the day PLUS i've raised my metabolism for the commencing meal!!

Love it... You have to try it. Good Luck xx
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X and Insanity. Love it!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    jogging and stairs. there's a parking garage building with 8 flights of stairs where I go climb it every other day when I go on my jogs. I challenge myself to see how far I can climb without stopping.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have developed my own Crossfit chest & back circuit with a 60 lb weighted vest. Burns about 700+ calories in 30 minutes. Fifteen of those minutes are P90X Ab Ripper X so the Crossfit circuit is actually 15 minutes and BRUTAL.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    my absolute favorite workouts are ones that don't feel like workouts...like swimming, volleyball, and frisbee!
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    p90x & intervals on elliptical. :) great workouts!
  • lisac1422
    lisac1422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everybody!! I actually do zumba, and I love it! It is free at the gym at my college!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Cycling outside with my Trek bike. Big calorie burns and it never gets boring!!
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA is definately my favourite work out!! Its so much fun that you don't even realise you're working out til you are finished and have worked up a serious sweat. It's available at most places now but if I can't get to the classes I will do the easy 10minute work out that are posted on youtube before my meals and it doesn't even feel like i've done 30mins of excerise for the day PLUS i've raised my metabolism for the commencing meal!!

Love it... You have to try it. Good Luck xx

10 minutes of Zumba before each meal is such a great idea! I went to a session of Zumba and felt I needed to prove myself (I don't know what I was thinking) and ended up having my first-ever exercise-induced asthma attack. But 10 minutes I can handle, and I love dancing. Eventually I'll be able to go back to the class and shake my butt with the rest of them!
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Okay, okay I can't say enough about owning a punching bag!!! :) I got the idea from a Psychiatrist I worked with who specialized in aggression. I do a Thai Boxing routine and I sweat and swear and curse and get angry and get a great workout

Debbie :)